ASA Class drop July 8th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sabreliner-

Maybe "disappointed" isn't the right word. She is leaving a good job and taking a sizable pay cut to come to ASA so I don't doubt that she wants to be here. I only mention disappointment because she was offered the RJ a few months back but lost out on that chance because of a mix up with her paperwork. I'm sure she will be more than happy with whatever she gets, but she still would like the jet. I too was very happy to come to ASA and would have gladly taken any assignment they gave me, but I really wanted the RJ too.

I was fortunate enough to get my first choice and I'm just hoping she gets hers. Besides, you Brakillya guys have to study WAY too much in initial and I'd like to see her once in a while!

Last edited:
Let me get my violin...

shamrock said:
Hope the RJ people are staying in ATL.

I'd like to tell one of my friends that she got the RJ but I don't want her to be disappointed if they change it at the last minute.

what's she going to do, not take the job?

Is that the Brazildo guys trying to convince others of how the CRJ isn't much better. Having flown both I feel qualified to say that the E-120 may be "fun to fly" but I prefer 70 degree flight decks to 100 degrees. For an airplane that came out of 100 degree temps, there sure put some crummy packs on that thing.
Furthermore, my flight case goes up front. All that other stuff is just smoke and mirrors.

Garbageman;

No one said that the RJ isn't a nicer ride. I'd sure enjoy flying it, though I also really enjoy the left seat of the Brasilia. My point is simply that new hires shouldn't really worry about the airplane they get, or be disappointed when they can't go fly the jet. Lets not forget that there are a bunch of guys here that haven't been allowed to go fly the jet, while new-hires are being assigned the airplane. Kinda annoying for them, don't you think?

Also, for those pilots out there who want to lose a little weight, the summer "Brasilia Weight Loss Program" really does work! I've dropped 5 pounds already! :D

Well said Saberliner

Hey guys, when I started working for ASA, I was assigned the Brasilia. I had a great time flying it and its sure a great weight loss program. Watch out Jenny Craig!!! ;)

Garbageman said:
Is that the Brazildo guys trying to convince others of how the CRJ isn't much better. Having flown both I feel qualified to say that the E-120 may be "fun to fly" but I prefer 70 degree flight decks to 100 degrees. For an airplane that came out of 100 degree temps, there sure put some crummy packs on that thing.
Furthermore, my flight case goes up front. All that other stuff is just smoke and mirrors.

What's behind the FO seat in the CRJ? The coffee maker.

What's behind the FO seat in the EMB? The lav.

Guess which one smells better in the morning?

Ahhh, I love the smell of blue water in the morning..........

(3 summers in EMB120s, I'm allowed to make fun of em!)

I'm putting my vote in for the ATR. The training is the best, the people are the best and guess what's behind the cockpit - cargo EVEN BETTER!

Latest resources

Back