• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Captain vomits in the cockpit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not going to read the whole thread but rather reply to the first post.... WHO CARES. Maybe he was sick??!!?

Hi!

I used to fly helos (HH-1H). One day one of the pax started to get sick, didn't say anything, and didn't use the sick sacks.

We called it the "Power Puke". The main pax bench seat in our helos was about 2m from the pilot seats. He hit the Aircraft Commander (they sit in the right seat in helos) on the back of the helmet, made his way across the pedestal/radios, and then hit the Co-Pilot on the back of the helmet also. That was the first in a series of upchucks! That was one time it WAS nice to be wearing helmets (and flight suits-easy to clean/replace).

The MX guys made the guy clean the whole helo out...maybe with a toothbrush? I'm glad it wasn't me!!!

cliff
LFW

Don't know what's worse, this thread about puking in the cockpit or that I've been ROTFLMAO through 62 replies. My question is, who drew the short straw for cleanup?

We have a hazmat team that comes out. i'm not kidding! they came out to clean up some vomit from the back one day

Knew a guy at my old cargo outfit...Merlin Express...SJU - Caracas I think. No, auto pilot, no FO, no lav. He said we riged a couple of plastic grocery bags between the capt/fo seat armrests...and gave 'er hell. All the while still having to fly the plane. It was probably trimmed, but those damn Metro IIIs wouldn't stay on track for too long.

This was all his story...can't confirm it...and this was late 90s.

Personally...thank god for vacuum toilets...if you time it just right...it never hits the bowl.

Hell.... that was me except it was Merlin Airways, CUR-BQN, dumped my chart case and lined it with a hefty sack... 2007 was the year 781ML was the plane.... god it sucked and felt freakin' great too... now I am spoiled and have a lav... flew with a couple other guys who did the same thing... pretty common at one time or another when you fly 2+ hour legs by yourself.

Hell.... that was me except it was Merlin Airways, CUR-BQN, dumped my chart case and lined it with a hefty sack... 2007 was the year 781ML was the plane.... god it sucked and felt freakin' great too... now I am spoiled and have a lav... flew with a couple other guys who did the same thing... pretty common at one time or another when you fly 2+ hour legs by yourself.

Ah haaa! BQN...couldn't remember the identifier.

That must have been a short flight for you...and a quick dump.

I never had to pinch out a loaf in the Metro...but I have filled a water bottle or two.

And like I said...thank god for the vacuum toilet.

Ah haaa! BQN...couldn't remember the identifier.

That must have been a short flight for you...and a quick dump.

I never had to pinch out a loaf in the Metro...but I have filled a water bottle or two.

And like I said...thank god for the vacuum toilet.

Eh... it was actually pretty long... hurricane season and all... and it wasn't a loaf per se... water bottles were a very common tool....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back