• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA cancelling flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a joke. Comes with a nice loud "SELCAL" on the turn to final. It's also how they junior man you. Welcome to ASA, xjt guys.

I hope you filled out a asap report. This is a direct line to the FAA and that shiznat will stop if enough asap reports come across your FAA inspectors desk.

It happened to me on the downwind descending out of 12 for 7.

When I got on the ground I called the sched supervisor and went off.

I'll never ack one of those again...come find me at the gate if it's that important.

Happened to me last night on the ILS PRM 9R, at about 4000'...nice distraction to a "sterile cockpit". I write it up everytime it happens. So far, nothing has changed.

Not a joke. Comes with a nice loud "SELCAL" on the turn to final. It's also how they junior man you. Welcome to ASA, xjt guys.

At XJT, our contract doesn't allow them to reassign or junior man lineholders via SELCAL, ACARS, or cell phone (because you are not required to answer). They have to physically do it in person. And it has to be the chief pilot, crew scheduler, or crew tracker. For reserves, they are required to check on CCS 15 minutes after block in for any reassignments.

But I would definitely ASAP every time they do that to you guys.

It's a funny thing...junior manning / extension ACARS messages always come through, "garbled and unreadable". Can't be extended if you can't notify me. ;)

They saved roughly $100,000 eliminating deadheads, min day credits, and duty day credits. When you factor the cost of extensions, Junior Mans, cancellations, etc; month to date, they are projected to have spent $100,000 for the month. They could have spent the money up front and saved some of our performance before the heavy hitters try to sink the place.

It's alarming to see the staffing problems in mid-March with the prime source of attrition NOT hiring. Don't worry, they'll have the boys back from DC before summer starts.
Actually it was only $40,000 saved

At XJT, our contract doesn't allow them to reassign or junior man lineholders via SELCAL, ACARS, or cell phone (because you are not required to answer). They have to physically do it in person. And it has to be the chief pilot, crew scheduler, or crew tracker. For reserves, they are required to check on CCS 15 minutes after block in for any reassignments.

That's because Forrest Gump with a degree in cropdusting from Deep South University didn't negotiate your contract.

Latest resources

Back