ASA cancelling flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freebrd

Lacka crews but oh baby we be flying below quarantee on these unproductive pairings eh? How many cancelled today already? Does big daddy Delta know what be going on at ASA :eek:

ASA management is making Mesa look like a quality operation.

And it's only March! Can you imagine the cluster that awaits us? People need to be fired, and if that leads all the way to the top, so be it. Find someone who can assemble a team that is capable of running an operation on a consistent basis. I'm a little tired of my future depending on a bunch of incompetants.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone would call in sick with the chance to win one of 5 TVs or iPads out there!

You don't even need to call in sick for the wheels to fall off. They produced such crappy pairings that resulted in so much uncovered opentime, that they've run out of reserves.

SWA, USAIR, and FEDEX, and perhaps DELTA hiring this year. I think they'll feel the burn.

The funny thing is they think they're being so flippin' smart by staffing this way.

They are still not being transparent about premium pay for open time either, waiting til the last second to call and offer 200 percent!!! Not a staffing issue either. Its a lack of management and coordination from the top!! Who ever let these pairings happen should be fired yesterday. Not Papa Smurfio either. His firing was just killing the messenger!!!

RE: POPO firing

That depends on if it continues to happen.

I dont think 7 legs is going to fly either. Enter in IROP and things go bad quick.

90 CRJ200s do 9 legs each every day from ATL.

The average leg length it 1.3 hrs...I think the legs are weighted more to the shorter ones though. There are more short legs than there are longer ones.

So...

How do you want it staffed?

You want to credit 85-95 hrs/month and fly 6-7 leg days with shorter overnights?
Or do you want to fly 3-5 legs and barely break guarantee?

Do we care? I sure as h*ll dont. Burn the place down. Let it fall on its face. There's absolutely NOTHING we can do to fix it. We, the front line pilots, mechanics, flight attendants keep this place running day in and day out and its been that way since day one. We "communicate" with our "leaders" they "hear" our concerns then promptly figure out another way to spend a dollar to save a dime. I'm all for having a job, trust me, but let this place fail. Make sure your passengers are taken care of first and foremost. They pay our salary. We'll keep dong our jobs as professionally as we can. Our pilot group will most certainly demonstrate this professionalism. However, there is only so much we can do, and I think we've done it. The ball is in their court. If they desire to run this place on a shoestring, let them. Our union won't help. The merger won't help. Skywest won't help. Our performace will go down the toilet and some other bottom feeder regional will get the business. History repeats itself.

Latest resources

Back