• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA cancelling flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
90 CRJ200s do 9 legs each every day from ATL.

The average leg length it 1.3 hrs...I think the legs are weighted more to the shorter ones though. There are more short legs than there are longer ones.

So...

How do you want it staffed?

You want to credit 85-95 hrs/month and fly 6-7 leg days with shorter overnights?
Or do you want to fly 3-5 legs and barely break guarantee?

That pretty much sums it up for the 200.

I still think alot of this is about dual qual and having the majority of the pilots miserable to vote dual qual in.

Yes the stage length Is a major factor too.

I will not vote anything extra in until the merger is complete, and we have a different face, or brain to our Union.

I guess ASA missed making the newspapers. Well, it won't be long before we're back in the headlines as "Worst Airline for...[fill in the blank]".

The stage length thing is HORSESH!T!!! I had 85-95 hrs in nov, dec, Jan and Feb without 7 leg days! 16-18 leg trips were more than enough. Now all of a sudden they can't make it work. Mean whilst, this month.....all my four days are 14 legs and 17 hrs. Guess what?! Add in 4 more legs over two of those days and bingo! 20 hr trip! Spread that over all the pairings AND ALL THAT UNCOVERED OPEN TIME WOULD NOT EXIST! Trips nobody can/will pick up because they are so far under MMG! Last Wed at about 7 pm, there was 1 reserve left for the whole weekend, and he was nap reserve on Saturday! What are they freaking doing? Saving "soft costs" on the pairings!?!?!? How expensive are 200% pickups and cancelled flights? Last Sat. 6 overnights were cancelled for lack of crews! Soon, ASA flying will go over to Pinnacle and Comair due to this massive level of incompetence! Dual qual may be a factor here (If so, heads should roll at Delta's request for messing up their operation). I also think the company has NO IDEA to use PBS. They are solely running the pairings on cost factor, and using no common sense.

Good luck to us all.

0 reserves on the 700 today and I see they have started dropping ready reserve shifts into open time. Good Luck!

I will not vote anything extra in until the merger is complete, and we have a different face, or brain to our Union.

AMEN!

We need some guys who will really stand up for our pilots, not people who make endless excuses for all the ways we are getting screwed. We painted ourselves into a difficult corner, and it will be hard to find a way to fix things.

-Let it fall apart. I just don't give a rat anymore.

Latest resources

Back