• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA cancellations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Y'all DO know who ohplease is don't you? Remember when he said on the ALPA board "I'm ohplease and I don't care what anybody thinks".

I think 'ol AG needs to be told in person what an f'ing moron he is and an embarassment to all of us.
why don't you start the show?

Yea I flew 8.15 yesterday and another 6.30 today. but hey I'm one of those RES guys. Glad someone enjoyed it.

Again, dont confuse these people with facts and logic, it is simply not allowed in this or any discussion on FI.

The "gift" statement is classic.

ASA has done one thing good, and that is to violate the terms of our current contract so many times in the past, that people like Ohplease begin to believe that it is a "gift" when they do what they are obligated to do.

Oh please, I'm very careful to look at both sides of any issue with our management in an attempt to not fall prey to the "out to get us" attitude/syndrome, but this one seems pretty simple.

ASA management will continue to NOT get the benefit of the doubt, from the majority of this pilot group until they make it common practice of handing out these so called "gifts".

Medeco
I say "gift" because they could have just as easily not called and let all those crews sit at the airports for hours and hours. Sure, you could have grieved it and maybe won a day off. I for one would rather not have the free day off than to have sat around some podunk airport with no comfortable place to sit and nothing to do for 4+ hours or even more in some cases.

Place me on the list to be called so I can rest at the hotel in relative comfort.

I say "gift" because they could have just as easily not called and let all those crews sit at the airports for hours and hours. Sure, you could have grieved it and maybe won a day off. I for one would rather not have the free day off than to have sat around some podunk airport with no comfortable place to sit and nothing to do for 4+ hours or even more in some cases.

Place me on the list to be called so I can rest at the hotel in relative comfort.

I'll be the first in line, tough man, YOU ARE A MORON!

Your friendly call from scheduling was a benefit you got for an LOA that was negotiated by YOUR Alpa leadership--not the kindness of the scheduling department!

FYI and for the record, if not for the LOA, you would have been sitting at the airport for hours probably trying to convince yourself and others "Oh, What a Friend We Have in Scheduling!"

Apply for Management! Maybe then, they will pay you to Carry their Water!

I'll be the first in line, tough man, YOU ARE A MORON!

Your friendly call from scheduling was a benefit you got for an LOA that was negotiated by YOUR Alpa leadership--not the kindness of the scheduling department!

FYI and for the record, if not for the LOA, you would have been sitting at the airport for hours probably trying to convince yourself and others "Oh, What a Friend We Have in Scheduling!"

Apply for Management! Maybe then, they will pay you to Carry their Water!
I think his offer was to be in person and the "friendly call" was long before the LOA 27 thingy.

The company does the right thing and the whiners still find something to complain about. This was an improvement over how things used to be done. There is no pleasing the cry babies.

The company does the right thing and the whiners still find something to complain about. This was an improvement over how things used to be done. There is no pleasing the cry babies.

Back in your hole you management mole!

STRIKE ASA NOW!

this is the kind of typical BS that the union idiots do.....get a "gift" from the company and then try to find a way to grieve it and get something you don't deserve.

Why do you think that LOA 27 came about in the first place? Because scheduling was NOT doing their jobs and letting us know when a flight cancelled, thus making uscome to the airport and sit for 5 or 6 hours. If you really think that scheduling actually doing their jobs is a "gift" from the company then you have gone completely off the deep end. Yes, I think that it's a little overboard to try to find a way to grieve them calling to inform you of a cancelation, but there is a process outlined in the contract and a couple of side letters for that contact, and they need to follow that as well. That is part of THEIR JOB. If you don't do your job, you are going to get nailed for it. How about holding the other departments in the company to the same standard.

Thanks, ASADriver. Right on the money as usual.

We are just trying to do the right thing. I hope the pilots will accept this "olive branch" and return the favor by accepting our contract proposals so we can move ahead with the business of running the company. We will grow which means upgrades which means pay raises!

Why do you think that LOA 27 came about in the first place? Because scheduling was NOT doing their jobs and letting us know when a flight cancelled, thus making uscome to the airport and sit for 5 or 6 hours. If you really think that scheduling actually doing their jobs is a "gift" from the company then you have gone completely off the deep end. Yes, I think that it's a little overboard to try to find a way to grieve them calling to inform you of a cancelation, but there is a process outlined in the contract and a couple of side letters for that contact, and they need to follow that as well. That is part of THEIR JOB. If you don't do your job, you are going to get nailed for it. How about holding the other departments in the company to the same standard.
perhaps you should read post #23...I think you'll find that you and I actually AGREE here......

Latest resources

Back