• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA cancellations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got called at 5:15....3 hrs before my duty in to tell me my first round tripo and subsequent 3hr airport sit were cancelled. Dont have to duty in till 4 now.

Isn't that an LOA 27 thing though. I thought they could only call you within an hour of your duty time???
this is the kind of typical BS that the union idiots do.....get a "gift" from the company and then try to find a way to grieve it and get something you don't deserve.

In years past, scheduling would often "work with" you on certain situations. After a few times of this same idiot mentality coming back to cause scheduling trouble, they simply stopped trying to help out when they could.

Nice attitude Jackass! Too bad you're not up front enough to show your true identity so that you may be allowed to get up, shower, dress and report only to sit on your dumb a$$,,,

Last edited:
this is the kind of typical BS that the union idiots do.....get a "gift" from the company and then try to find a way to grieve it and get something you don't deserve.

yea...this awesome "gift" more than makes up for all the crap we've been going through lately from the company and scheduling. Let us not also forget the "gift" of pay and a half for open time pickups that has come from the goodness of thier hearts' as well.....

In years past, scheduling would often "work with" you on certain situations. After a few times of this same idiot mentality coming back to cause scheduling trouble, they simply stopped trying to help out when they could.

Nice attitude Jackass! Too bad you're not up front enough to show your true identity so that you may be allowed to get up, shower, dress and report only to sit on your dumb a$$,,,

I don't exactly see this as a "gift" from the company, as they will probably screw you on the back-side of your trip today and have you fly another round trip. Also, if you flew yesterday and they contacted me during my rest, then I'm resetting the clock and waiting another 8 hours before my first trip. It is time to put the screws to the company and stop being nice people!

Don't worry about your trip being covered, it looks like Oh Please will do it for you if the company asks nicely!

Swap that around and you have just as valid an argument. I have to wonder how many times a pilot has done them a favor and gotten crapped on because of it or has had that favor forgotten. I realize it's a "chicken or the egg" thing, but Scheduling is hardly blameless for the relationship they have with the pilot group.

That being said, I don't see a problem with getting a heads up on a cancellation or delay.

My all y'all have the Stockholm Syndrome. ASA complies with our contract and y'all call it a gift?

It was no gift and no Festivus Miracle. It was the union nailing their asses the last time we had an ice storm (Jan 05) because they never called anyone and made everyone duty in and sit all day. They asked the union for relief and BA said no. So they did what they wanted to anyhow. They ended up having to give half the pilots days off for that, most of them chose Christmas.

My all y'all have the Stockholm Syndrome. ASA complies with our contract and y'all call it a gift?

It was no gift and no Festivus Miracle. It was the union nailing their asses the last time we had an ice storm (Jan 05) because they never called anyone and made everyone duty in and sit all day. They asked the union for relief and BA said no. So they did what they wanted to anyhow. They ended up having to give half the pilots days off for that, most of them chose Christmas.

Uhh, you just provided factual information, that simply cant be allowed.

Medeco

ohplease, I know it's been said before but you are a Class 1 pr!ck. I actually agree with you that he has no should have no gripe in this one, but for you to say the scheduling is handing out gifts for doing their job is ridiculous. The reason ASA is such a poor company to work for is because no one is held accountable for not doing the job they should be (except flight crew and mechanics). Until that changes, ASA folks will continue to do the minimum they can get by with without getting fired (which ain't much, just look at most of the rampers).

Again, dont confuse these people with facts and logic, it is simply not allowed in this or any discussion on FI.

The "gift" statement is classic.

ASA has done one thing good, and that is to violate the terms of our current contract so many times in the past, that people like Ohplease begin to believe that it is a "gift" when they do what they are obligated to do.

Oh please, I'm very careful to look at both sides of any issue with our management in an attempt to not fall prey to the "out to get us" attitude/syndrome, but this one seems pretty simple.

ASA management will continue to NOT get the benefit of the doubt, from the majority of this pilot group until they make it common practice of handing out these so called "gifts".

Medeco

OH PLEASE, the only company that gets a Union, is one that deserves a Union! You may have run across one or more schedulers who "worked with" YOU, as I have too. They were usually new. You probably have blown your smoke up their arse too, and maybe even bought them a pizza.

But apparently, you have not run across some of the more notorious ones in the long history who must have checked the box on their application, "Do you like to see small animals suffer, ie. pilots?" There have been plenty more of those than the few you seem to try and project as the common experience!

Y'all DO know who ohplease is don't you? Remember when he said on the ALPA board "I'm ohplease and I don't care what anybody thinks".

I think 'ol AG needs to be told in person what an f'ing moron he is and an embarassment to all of us.

Latest resources

Back