ASA cancellations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rausda27

Was I the only one they called at 4:15 AM for my 7:15 AM duty in to let me know I had the day off?

Just curious if there were alot of cancellations today?

Delta cancelled a boat load of flight last night, fearing they would get stuck on the ground with an impending ice storm. The bulk of their aircraft were kept at outstations away from this mess. Your airplane never made it back last night for Atlanta. I'm sure a bunch of people got the same phone call you did.

It was impressive and nice that crew scheduling called crews in the outstations. In the past they would have you duty in and sit at the airport for 16 hours....

I was surprised that they cancelled my flight , attempted to notify me before I left home and left me with an clear schedule for the rest of the day. It was a festivus miracle!

Was I the only one they called at 4:15 AM for my 7:15 AM duty in to let me know I had the day off?

Just curious if there were alot of cancellations today?

I got called at 5:15....3 hrs before my duty in to tell me my first round tripo and subsequent 3hr airport sit were cancelled. Dont have to duty in till 4 now.

Isn't that an LOA 27 thing though. I thought they could only call you within an hour of your duty time???

You need to be notified if the delay is at least 2 hours after original departure time . Scheduling must know about the delay at least 3 hours prior to departure time in domicile, or 2 hours prior to departure time at an ourstation.

The Company shall notify a pilot in a timely manner of operational changes, which result in a delay of two (2) hours or more to a pilot's first departure of any duty period. Notwithstanding the above language, when such an operational change is known to the Company less than two (2) hours prior to departure for a pilot who is away from his domicile, or less than three (3) hours prior to departure for a pilot who is in his domicile, then such notification is not necessary.

I got called at 5:15....3 hrs before my duty in to tell me my first round tripo and subsequent 3hr airport sit were cancelled. Dont have to duty in till 4 now.

Isn't that an LOA 27 thing though. I thought they could only call you within an hour of your duty time???

If you is at REST then they cannot call. You is OFF then you is fair game. Sorry LOA 27 don't apply in yo case.

I gotta take scheduling's side on this one. They called you when they knew, let you know, and you get to go back to sleep. I don't see how you could be complaining about this one.

Latest resources

Back