• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/Brad H.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it's not. One guy had a different (albeit terrible) idea about how to help a grieving family. Anyway, back on topic.

I don't think it is a terrible idea at all. Actually, I think it would be quite an honorable venture, to set up a collection of funds in the name of Tanner. The donations could then be used for a scholarship, in Tanner's name, or a donation to a noteworthy charity. It might be comforting to the Holts for them to know that even after he's gone, Tanner was still able to help someone. I'm in and up for it.......

At the least, I think a card would be good. I'd imagine a large number of cards would truly show support, without being obtrusive or invasive.

And no, I don't feel this thread is disrespectful.

S.o.p.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't a toxicology report one of the standard tests in any incident/accident? I mean if a wing walker isn't doing his job and I get hit by a rogue catering chariot, I have to go take a piss test even if the parking brake is set. So I'm assuming if I crash my Cessna 200ft from the end of the runway and kill myself along with all my buddies, I will also be tested for alcohol and/or other illicit substances.

I don't think it's is anything out of the ordinary. I hope they don't find anything though. That would be bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ya, you all make good points. I wonder why the FED felt the need to say that he smelled alcohol amongst the four of them. He probably should have waited for the toxicology test to be completed before making a public statement about alcohol. This article was public information. It's interesting to see how these cases evolve.

First I want to extend my condolences to the Holt family.

Second I found this quote more intersting than the possibility of alcohol:

“I need to calculate the weight and balance,” said Olsen. In order to do so, he said he needs to determine “how much fuel could he possibly have on board.”

I don't know about everybody else, but the only time I have been able to get four adults in a 172 and go anyplace was when two of them were ladies weighing around 110 ish pounds a piece. Four big guys in a 172 at that density altitude wouldn't leave a whole of fuel. Hopefully this turns out to be something else and Tanner Holt is cleared of any mistakes. But we all can make a mistake, and hopefully we can all learn from this if any were made.

Honestly, I'm doubting there was any mass and balance done at 1am. Just sayin. This isn't going to come down to CG being out by an inch.

Just the same- very sorry to hear about it!

Latest resources

Back