• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA/Brad H.

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Total Time
3 Tril
RiP Tanner.

Condolences to the Holt family. :(

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Total Time
3 Tril
Better idea...why don't we all come together, quit bitching about what's "not my job" and make this place #1 this quarter and the next and the one after that.

I guarantee that would mean so much more.

Excellent idea.

Sherpa

Fairly Nice Guy, FNG
Total Time
H82FLY
That's terrible, I can't imagine the pain of such tremendous loss. I hope the families involved find comfort to help cope with the tragedy.

Medeco

SQUIB
This is terrible news for all the families involved. Is this the son who worked for "legacy XJT"?

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
I agree with everyone else. Help Brad get a good quarter, at the least. He doesn't need anyone's money.

Clutch

Hi, I'm William Devane
Total Time
Sorry about your son. Here's some cold, hard cash...

That's an f'ing terrible idea.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
No it's not. One guy had a different (albeit terrible) idea about how to help a grieving family. Anyway, back on topic.

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
I don't think it is a terrible idea at all. Actually, I think it would be quite an honorable venture, to set up a collection of funds in the name of Tanner. The donations could then be used for a scholarship, in Tanner's name, or a donation to a noteworthy charity. It might be comforting to the Holts for them to know that even after he's gone, Tanner was still able to help someone. I'm in and up for it.......

At the least, I think a card would be good. I'd imagine a large number of cards would truly show support, without being obtrusive or invasive.

And no, I don't feel this thread is disrespectful.

V1rowt8

Total Time
Enough
God bless the Holt family, so sorry for their loss.

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
S.o.p.

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
Total Time
Correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't a toxicology report one of the standard tests in any incident/accident? I mean if a wing walker isn't doing his job and I get hit by a rogue catering chariot, I have to go take a piss test even if the parking brake is set. So I'm assuming if I crash my Cessna 200ft from the end of the runway and kill myself along with all my buddies, I will also be tested for alcohol and/or other illicit substances.

I don't think it's is anything out of the ordinary. I hope they don't find anything though. That would be bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S

sunlitpath

Ya, you all make good points. I wonder why the FED felt the need to say that he smelled alcohol amongst the four of them. He probably should have waited for the toxicology test to be completed before making a public statement about alcohol. This article was public information. It's interesting to see how these cases evolve.

HelloNewman

Total Time
lots
No father should ever have to bury their son...

Indy319FA

Starving Regional Pilot
Total Time
2000+
First I want to extend my condolences to the Holt family.

Second I found this quote more intersting than the possibility of alcohol:

“I need to calculate the weight and balance,” said Olsen. In order to do so, he said he needs to determine “how much fuel could he possibly have on board.”

I don't know about everybody else, but the only time I have been able to get four adults in a 172 and go anyplace was when two of them were ladies weighing around 110 ish pounds a piece. Four big guys in a 172 at that density altitude wouldn't leave a whole of fuel. Hopefully this turns out to be something else and Tanner Holt is cleared of any mistakes. But we all can make a mistake, and hopefully we can all learn from this if any were made.

Oakum_Boy

supercalifragilistic
Total Time
Honestly, I'm doubting there was any mass and balance done at 1am. Just sayin. This isn't going to come down to CG being out by an inch.

Just the same- very sorry to hear about it!