• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA bid alert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all must be the same people that looked up the word gullible in the AJC vent.

You are all liars. Life is horrible. I haven't see my wife in a 5 days. Sure I haven't flown much but every trip is 3 hours of flying with 7 hour sits and 12 deadheads. Stay off reserve. Do whatever you can to hold a line!

GO AROUND said:
I gonna jinx myself for saying this but they havn't called me onreserve this month. I flew 6 days at the begining of the month on my relief line but that's it. When properly staffed reserve is ok. Still needs improvements to be able to plan anything during reserve, like dinner, but I'm riding the high right now. If you'd asked me about the first 8 mnths of last year, it sucked.

Here's to being barely properly staffed.

Ditto, first 6 days 23 hours, nothing since.

Crash Pad said:
I have noticed an alarming trend. Reserve lines going ahead of relief lines on the 70. Let me put an end to this right now. Life on reserve is horrible. Those bums at screw scheduling are out to murder you and pillage your home while your away on a 6 day trip. Yes you will be on 6 day trips. You can't trade anything and your lucky if you ever know when you will have a day off. I have not been to he!! but I am 90% sure life on reserve at ASA is worse.

Other reserve pilots if you could chime in it would be helpful.

I haven't done anything longer than a 3 day since October. 4 round trips in November, Thanksgiving and Christmas off. I've had plenty of 6 day trips, all at the house!

Last edited:
Less than 100 hours so far since the beginning of October in a combination of reserve and relief lines. 10 hours so far this month as of 19 Jan.

AV8700 said:
Where did you see this? For Feb not one res line went before relief. There were some that took a relief line befor a nap.

Slightly wrong, depending on which base and position you're looking at.

For the ATL FO bid award for the month of FEB 06, RES706 went before any REL line. In fact, it went before the last two hard lines.

Long Time Gone said:
Slightly wrong, depending on which base and position you're looking at.

For the ATL FO bid award for the month of FEB 06, RES706 went before any REL line. In fact, it went before the last two hard lines.

Sorry, I was talking about Capt in Atl

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back