ASA bid alert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

I have noticed an alarming trend. Reserve lines going ahead of relief lines on the 70. Let me put an end to this right now. Life on reserve is horrible. Those bums at screw scheduling are out to murder you and pillage your home while your away on a 6 day trip. Yes you will be on 6 day trips. You can't trade anything and your lucky if you ever know when you will have a day off. I have not been to he!! but I am 90% sure life on reserve at ASA is worse.

Other reserve pilots if you could chime in it would be helpful.

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm not a ASAer, but wouldn't that be a good thing for guys on reserve? If somebody who can hold a better line wants to bid down to a reserve line, oh well. It helps out the junior guy as they get a better month out of it.

Crash Pad said:
I have noticed an alarming trend. Reserve lines going ahead of relief lines on the 70. Let me put an end to this right now. Life on reserve is horrible. Those bums at screw scheduling are out to murder you and pillage your home while your away on a 6 day trip. Yes you will be on 6 day trips. You can't trade anything and your lucky if you ever know when you will have a day off. I have not been to he!! but I am 90% sure life on reserve at ASA is worse.

Where did you see this? For Feb not one res line went before relief. There were some that took a relief line befor a nap.

Maybe 6 days away from home is desirable. Maybe home life sucks. Maybe we are pillaging someone else's home. Maybe crew meals are a delicious alternative to the wife's slop. Maybe having free time and control over one's time is too much freedom.

Too bad Skip ain't around to tell us how wonderful he is and how lucky we are...

ASA reserve does suck. I was reserve for 13 months and my QOL sucked. Everytime the phone rang, my ass puckered. I worked many 6 days straight while some guys weren't called at all. I flew (actual time) 76 hrs on reserve one month while another reserve (same hire class) flew 8 hrs.

ASA could run things a lot better and have a great working relationship between flight crews and schedulers, but they don't.

Is that all atlcrashpad.....sounds like you had it pretty easy!

I was on reserve for 23 months here and had several months well over 90 hours of flying. That is until you guys showed up! Amen!

As someone who is currenly on reserve at ASA maybe people are bidding reserve because they want to. I could hold a relief line but im staying on reserve because I will have more time off. With a relief line Im working 20 days a month, with reserve Im lucky to work 10 days a month right now. This month Ive worked 6 days so far and flown less than 20 hours, ive got 8 hard days off for the rest of the month so I assume I wont be flying much more this month.

Think before you speak next time.

I gonna jinx myself for saying this but they havn't called me onreserve this month. I flew 6 days at the begining of the month on my relief line but that's it. When properly staffed reserve is ok. Still needs improvements to be able to plan anything during reserve, like dinner, but I'm riding the high right now. If you'd asked me about the first 8 mnths of last year, it sucked.

Here's to being barely properly staffed.

Crash Pad said:

out of curiosity...why do you care? If you are junior...then you will get a relief line if you want one...if you are senior then you should not care...i guess you are on reserve and senior guys are taking reserve lines...point is...reserve is actually cush right now...especially when no better options are out there

To date I have flown 3.02 hours this month on the ATR. Hard to get any pic time that way. You line holders use up some of that sick time; go fishing, or take a four day vacation. I'll take that ugly four day. please

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back