• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Bennies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say is that I now hope this deal falls through. How is it that things can be so much better at XJT and we still have the lowest CASM?

All I can say is that I now hope this deal falls through. How is it that things can be so much better at XJT and we still have the lowest CASM?

Simple-

SKYW has not stripped away a lot of the nice stuff under threat of transferring aircraft away. Watch how fast things start to disappear once they whip that one out.

-Provided that one list doesn't come to pass.

Because you can spread your costs over 100 more airframes. That is how it works, and why growth lowers an airlines costs, because they can spread it over more seats. You really need to stop using your "Low casm" as such a chest pounding tool. If, say, you lost 50 airplanes your casm would thus shoot sky high.

Because you can spread your costs over 100 more airframes. That is how it works, and why growth lowers an airlines costs, because they can spread it over more seats. You really need to stop using your "Low casm" as such a chest pounding tool. If, say, you lost 50 airplanes your casm would thus shoot sky high.

Well then how do you compare costs in this industry? That is just how it is, it's not chest pounding, it's how costs are measured.

Thanks for the info.... So let me get this straight. If you go in for surgery and you pay out of pocket 2500, then 20% up to 6K? So for doctors visits etc you have to reach the 2500 bucks first before the insurance kicks in? Are there any other options?

We have a 0(zero) deductable plan and then we pay 10% up to 2500 per person or 5000 per family.

That is true but you have to remember it is offset by the lower premiums and the tax savings for the HSA....not to mention anything the company throws in. The company has no scheduled contributions at this time but rumor has it they are going that direction. They did offer 500/1000 (Single/Family) for initial sign ups for the HDHP.

They should offer 500/1000 single/family a year period.

At the bare minimum. Higher company contributions would encourage more to choose HDHP/HSA option. If we allow the the company to end the PPO plan in contract negotiations (hope not), we'd better lock in generous company HSA contributions and strong limitations on changes that can be made to the HDHP terms (deductibles, max out of pocket, etc.)

Things are so good at XJT that you lost money last quarter, and the quarter before that. If your costs are so low, why are you not making money?

Also, your United airplanes are on a short-term contract. They may be extended, or they may not be. What happens to your costs when the aircraft is parked?

When I say things are good at XJT I am referring to our contract and benefits. You can have the lowest costs but if you don't charge enough to cover them you're going to lose money. I never said we had great management, although until about a year ago I did support them.

As for concessions, yes we bent over and took it, but that was only to our pay rates, no work rules, and our rates are still at the top of the industry. Hell, had we not taken those concessions, our rates would have been higher than than just about all other regional's 70/90 seat rates. Just sayin....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back