• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA AQP--- if you know the scenarios, please PM me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In other words, you can't evaluate a pilot's reaction to an "unexpected emergency", when half of them are expecting it and the other half are not expecting it. Also, the pilots who know and expect the specific AQP abnormalities have also been informed of the instructors preferences for handling the abnormality.

Last edited:
You should expect that anything can happen. If it's in the checklist, it can happen. And other scenarios that you are trained for. ie windshear, should also be expected. There shouldn't be any "unexpected emergencies", they should be a surprise.

You should expect that anything can happen. If it's in the checklist, it can happen. And other scenarios that you are trained for. ie windshear, should also be expected. There shouldn't be any "unexpected emergencies", they should be a surprise.

I think you are missing the point, completely.

I like not knowing what's coming. It's more fun that way and you learn a lot more.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you are. You are merely stating the intention of the AQP program and it's evaluation objective. That is fine, if it were a valid program administered without prior knowledge of the specific abnormalities that were impending. However, that is not the reality of the program. Last year, toward the end of the year, I observed a gradual universal awareness among the pilot group of all four of the AQP scenarios, whereas earlier in the year (2012) the awareness of the AQP gouge was very sporadic. Many pilots early in the year went into the simulator not knowing the abnormalities. This fact alone invalidates the evaluation of pilots who had no prior knowledge of the abnormalities. I have no problem with evaluating pilots on their handling of "unexpected" emergencies and abnormalities. The problem is that some pilots know what to expect and others do not. Some pilots know the AQP scenarios because they have friends or family in the training department, some know them because they have a network of other pilots who have shared their training sessions and they have compiled a gouge. Other pilots do not have any AQP gouge. The reasons are varied. They may be new to the company. They may not have any established network. They may have AQP in January, when there is no compiled gouge (except for people with friends or family in training department). This fact invalidates the validity of pilot evaluations for AQP abnormalities. The intentions of the AQP program are noble, but the administration is severely flawed. If even one pilot knows the "unexpected event", then everyone should know, and the training department should facilitate that process. Now let's post some fk'n gouge.

In other words, you can't evaluate a pilot's reaction to an "unexpected emergency", when half of them are expecting it and the other half are not expecting it. Also, the pilots who know and expect the specific AQP abnormalities have also been informed of the instructors preferences for handling the abnormality.

Actually, you can't evaluate a pilot groups reaction to an emergency when they know its coming, know what's coming and have practiced how to handle it. That's like handing out the answer key to the final prior to exam day. EVERYONE should make a 100 and the "weak links" would not be detected and strengthened properly (i.e. retrained) before going on line and flying your family or mine around the countryside.

If you're so worried about failing a check ride, get the ******************** out of this game because even YOU know you're not up to standards. There are no tricks here. Nobody is trying to fail you. Go to"school"and take the opportunity to learn and find out where your weaknesses are (if you have any...most of us have some) and work on that area to get better.

The entire traveling public will be better for it.

Actually, you can't evaluate a pilot groups reaction to an emergency when they know its coming, know what's coming and have practiced how to handle it. That's like handing out the answer key to the final prior to exam day. EVERYONE should make a 100 and the "weak links" would not be detected and strengthened properly (i.e. retrained) before going on line and flying your family or mine around the countryside.

If you're so worried about failing a check ride, get the ******************** out of this game because even YOU know you're not up to standards. There are no tricks here. Nobody is trying to fail you. Go to"school"and take the opportunity to learn and find out where your weaknesses are (if you have any...most of us have some) and work on that area to get better.

The entire traveling public will be better for it.
Yawn......................

Latest resources

Back