• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA and the USAir Hudson:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe we can get some anti-bird guns mounted on the jet. That would be sweet!

DAL already has one in effect. This morning, all DAL flight departing LGA were heard saying "Wind and Bird check?"

The controller responds to Delta "winds are 240 at 3 knots and there is a pigeon sitting on top of the jet bridge at gate C 20, say intentions".

I think you have just about run that one into the ground. Do you get offended when someone says "wind check"

who cares what the wind is doing? You have it on the atis and you have a wind barb on your fancy get of yours. Do what it takes to fly the plane, its just wind man, deal with it

who cares what the wind is doing? You have it on the atis and you have a wind barb on your fancy get of yours. Do what it takes to fly the plane, its just wind man, deal with it

The wind Barb on my fancy get never tells the story 20 feet abouve the runway....but I still agree with you

It's ok, just as long as you don't shut down the wrong engine, if you lose one to birds.

Are you for real? If you can actually substantiate this claim, we'd love to hear the evidence. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself or starting such a vicious rumor!

Latest resources

Back