ASA and Comair Pilot's Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
I don't see Comair mentioned in your article anywhere...
CMR is in the Article, But, Comair Picketing too was on FOX5 news in Atlanta at 12:00pm today.
Now you know the media, that could have said ASA and CMR to make it sound better. Who knows. I have changed the thread so I don't cause any problems.
I'll attempt to find other stories.

Last edited:
More than 100 pilots with Delta subsidiary Atlantic Southeast Airlines picketed outside the convention center where the meeting was held. They are unhappy about the failure to get a new contract with Delta. At issue in the ASA negotiations with Delta are schedule, wages and retirement benefits. Some analysts have speculated that Delta might sell its regional carriers ASA and Comair Inc. to raise cash. Delta has not gone so far as to say that is its plan, though Grinstein noted at the meeting that to gain some of the benefits from the regional carriers, "you don't have to own them."

(I cut this from an article on the shareholders meeting)

That's a good showing if 100 ASA guys were out there. Good job!

150+ ASA pilots picket

ASA pilots had a billboard truck that drove around in front of the shareholders meeting. I think there were 3 "orbits" of pilots at the entrances.

After the picketing event, most pilots participated in a "solidarity walk" from near ASA HQ, past a fundraising BBQ at flightsafety to a local hotel. 100 pilots walking down Virginia Avenue in Atlanta did cause a stir.

Great job guys!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back