ASA and Airbus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm...riiigght...

I wouldn't think we'd see them in this lifetime. If we did, we'd use airstairs and not jetways because our customers aparently perfer walking thru the rain and snow to get on and off the a/c.

V1 cuts R fun said:
I heard a rumor that ASA was concidering obtaining the new A318's. Anyone confirm this ?

I think DAL scope would probably get in the way of that.

I heard a similar rumor but that DAL/DCI was listening to Airbus mainly to keep Boeing on there toes for future purchases. A ways down the road of course.

Too bad what the allmighty, and powerful mainline pilots think. They're bargaining power is dwindling by the day. The industry is changing - for good or for bad - for a long time. I'm not daying I think this will happen, but times are changing. It is a real possibility that USair will not survive the year, United is on the brik of bankrupcy. The mainline power as it used to be is gone. USair pilots have given up everything but the farm. If things keep going this way, there will not be any mainlines left. Bottom line, companies are going to do what they have to to survive.....mainline pilots be **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed!

Sorry......mainline pilots be the thing that holds water back like the one thats called the "Hoover"

I don't know about the Airbus thing but I will tell you that the CRJ 700's are flying full and making $$$$. Whatever happens I can assure you the company wants more CRJ 700's as fast as possible.

V1 cuts R fun said:
I heard a rumor that ASA was concidering obtaining the new A318's. Anyone confirm this ?

Are you joking or trying to cause trouble? Airbus at ASA, that is pretty funny.

I think the mainline pilots still have the clout to make the 70 seat limit stick.

What's interesting is the DAL MEC has supposedly been talking to the NWA MEC about their one list language between NWA and Airlink.

318s at DCI will never happen under the current scope structure. The question is, what is the mainline MEC willing to do as far as restructuring.

How about we roll DCI into the new LCC. CL65-200s, -700s (900?) 318s and 757.

Pass me that crack pipe.

What's interesting is the DAL MEC has supposedly been talking to the NWA MEC about their one list language between NWA and Airlink.

Not that I'm holding my breath but I think the Delta MEC may be finally getting the big picture. Mainline is expending negotiating capital trying to maintain the 70 seat limit. At this point what is more important, maintaining the seat limit or getting your furloughed pilots back to work in the next 2 - 3 years ???

Latest resources

Back