• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA message makes me wonder?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem I see MJ is the change you want to see is that you want more people pusue the job that you have pursued..

From your post it sounds like you want more people to support the shrinking of the regional and promote the growth of the major, therefore making the major job better so everyone can be a " catch me if you can" pilot.

I think that Joe M and Oh Please are saying that they are not interested in the major job in the first place, and that you are a hypocryte for the fact that regional growth is what got you to where you are now.. wether that was a goodt thing or not... :cartman:

The problem I see MJ is the change you want to see is that you want more people pusue the job that you have pursued..

From your post it sounds like you want more people to support the shrinking of the regional and promote the growth of the major, therefore making the major job better so everyone can be a " catch me if you can" pilot.

I think that Joe M and Oh Please are saying that they are not interested in the major job in the first place, and that you are a hypocryte for the fact that regional growth is what got you to where you are now.. wether that was a goodt thing or not... :cartman:

I acknowledged my regional career and had the same thoughts while I was there! My point was the growth of regionals prevented many(who wanted to move up) from moving up.

Don't you think it would be better if RJ's were flown by mainline? Wouldn't that open up a lot of different options for everyone? Give people choices to fly different aircraft if they wanted?

The early 90's opened up the flood gates. Majors thought they were too good for RJ's.

Besides, Joe wants the same thing. He just wants to keep his seniority as well. :rolleyes:

Go to the majors section, this is a typical response to Joe's posts:

Originally Posted by 737 Pylt

rjdc scum calling someone a hypocrite!

Laughable. Keep the hits coming JB.

Last edited:
If there's going to be regional flying, they need to have the benefits and pay of the majors. Or else the majors need to absorb the regionals and add them to the 'A' scale

If there's going to be regional flying, they need to have the benefits and pay of the majors. Or else the majors need to absorb the regionals and add them to the 'A' scale

Great point, I just take it a step further and say it should be done by mainline. Why is that such an bad idea? Wouldn't it benefit everyone? Some of you take my comments way too personal.

Excellent description...

I cant belive I actually agree with Oh Please on this one... ( you are still a douch):p LOL

It's hard to believe we can actually agree on something. The offers still out there to buy you a beer sometime. Cheers!:beer:

Great point, I just take it a step further and say it should be done by mainline. Why is that such an bad idea? Wouldn't it benefit everyone? Some of you take my comments way too personal.
I don't think anyone at any airline would disagree with this. The problem is, this isn't reality. No matter what any of us thinks or wants. It just isn't.

I realize a message board is ONE DIMENSIONAL and what you said might not be exactly what you meant. But, many times it comes off as arrogant even if you didn't mean it that way.

All anyone is saying to you is this: Make the choice thats best for you and yours. But, don't advocate taking jobs away from those who see the world through different colored glasses.

I don't think anyone at any airline would disagree with this. The problem is, this isn't reality. No matter what any of us thinks or wants. It just isn't.I believe I said something similar in an earlier post.

I realize a message board is ONE DIMENSIONAL and what you said might not be exactly what you meant. But, many times it comes off as arrogant even if you didn't mean it that way. Sorry if it came across arrogant but that was not my intent.

All anyone is saying to you is this: Make the choice thats best for you and yours. But, don't advocate taking jobs away from those who see the world through different colored glasses.

Correct, and...I never want to see anyone lose their job. Like I said earlier as well, I've been through a furlough already and would not wish it on anyone.

Correct, and...I never want to see anyone lose their job. Like I said earlier as well, I've been through a furlough already and would not wish it on anyone.
Dude, unless you are sitting by the pool with that thing on your lap, put that sh!t down and go out side. Its beautiful out here today and FI is suc a huge waste of time. (yep, I'm out back on the wifi and the kids are at school, I've got time to waste right now and the beer is good and cold)

Dude, unless you are sitting by the pool with that thing on your lap, put that sh!t down and go out side. Its beautiful out here today and FI is suc a huge waste of time. (yep, I'm out back on the wifi and the kids are at school, I've got time to waste right now and the beer is good and cold)

Love to, but sittin around on reserve. Can't go to far. Any, around 200 posts since 2001 shows I don't frequent FI.

Wish I was able to have a beer with you.
Cheers:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back