ASA.....almost paperless!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....and a big thank you for this one.
Just don't ask us to call your mom or girlfriend. I've called one guy's mom once...and that was one awkward phone call.

Football, baseball, golf, racing, stock prices, etc...I don't think most of us mind if we're not too busy. All I ask for in return is a PIREP or at least a ride report over the last 15 min or so. I also trade for Shiner Bock and/or hot F/A's.

Last edited:
Just don't ask us to call your mom or girlfriend. I've called one guy's mom once...and that was one awkward phone call.

Football, baseball, golf, racing, stock prices, etc...I don't think most of us mind if we're not too busy. All I ask for in return is a PIREP or at least a ride report over the last 15 min or so. I also trade for Shiner Bock and/or hot F/A's.

Would it be inappropriate to ask that you give us the latest FI rundown for the day? Or maybe what's the latest ASA gossip from here? ;)

Would it be inappropriate to ask that you give us the latest FI rundown for the day? Or maybe what's the latest ASA gossip from here? ;)
I heard one of our guys did his annual jumpseating the other day and was asked if he knew (insert several FI.com usernames here).

I get "HEARD ANY GOOD RUMORS LATELY QQ" from at least one of our longer stage length flights almost everyday...so, sure, why not.

I would just like to add that if you release the brakes without the ground crews knowledge and the plane moves while they are removing the chocks, you may injure or possibly kill someone. This has happened many times before and is sure to happen again. This is pro pilot 101. common sense stuff and why we have procedures to follow. I am constantly amazed by the cavalier attitudes about some things out there and the lack of knowledge some people display.

I think it happened about 6,800 times in the 70's at Delta. Thousands were killed

Well, that was a good retort. Let me give you one example. I personally know a guy who was removing the chocks from a 757 and when it rolled backwards it ran over his leg removing it above the knee. He wanted to be a pilot and thought that put an end to his career. After years of red tape he went on to fly for a 121 carrier. (lucky guy). The next week same airport another guy was not so lucky when the same thing happened to him. The airline then changed it's procedures. It has happened and will again if safety attitudes are lax.

Now if the captains would just release the freaking break when the door closes. 2 guys in one week wouldn't release the break ASAP, so now I have to get sneaky and do it when they aren't looking. It's gonna take some time for this new fangled ACARS crap to seep into the thick skulls out there.

You can count on getting off my airplane if I catch some smart a$$ FO trying to do this.

This is a perfect example of the lack respect many new FO's/pilots have for the Captain.

Dont get me wrong I'm not a Captain knows everything/ my way or the highway/ dont touch anything kinda captain, but geez, dont be dumb.

It sounds like the "thick skull" needs to look in the mirror and have an attitude check.

Flame away if you like, this is just a really bad idea.

Medeco

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he was probably joking. Certainly few are that stupid...

-Brett

You can count on getting off my airplane if I catch some smart a$$ FO trying to do this.

This is a perfect example of the lack respect many new FO's/pilots have for the Captain.

Dont get me wrong I'm not a Captain knows everything/ my way or the highway/ dont touch anything kinda captain, but geez, dont be dumb.

It sounds like the "thick skull" needs to look in the mirror and have an attitude check.

Flame away if you like, this is just a really bad idea.

Medeco

MEDECO,

Obviously you don't get my sarcasm. I don't touch the break ok? Happy? Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind many times but I do have a brain, and believe or not I do use it. Just not on flightinfo:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back