• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Long Time Gone

Never Did The Atkins
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=114922

According to "witnesses" and emergency types, flames were "shooting out of the back of the engine". Flowboard shows it being airborne for 1 hr and 9 minutes before returning to MEM.

Sounds like Ship 720 is becoming the new "Christine". I think it's the same one that had the right thrust lever lock at idle in a descent below 10K inbound to ATL about a month ago.

And? Isn't that why we practice those?

Maybe more important news would be the takeoff AD that had to be issued so that regional jet pilots could learn how to rotate a swept wing jet.

One hour in the air on an engine failure?? I dont fly an rj but that seems a little strange....did they not want to do an overweight landing?? Were they on the phone with maintenance trying to relight?

Anyone care to explain? I'm sure there is a good reason but unless you fly an RJ I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
They returned after 10 minutes but the rampers TDY from Atlanta didn't park them for another hour.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=114922

According to "witnesses" and emergency types, flames were "shooting out of the back of the engine". Flowboard shows it being airborne for 1 hr and 9 minutes before returning to MEM.

Sounds like Ship 720 is becoming the new "Christine". I think it's the same one that had the right thrust lever lock at idle in a descent below 10K inbound to ATL about a month ago.

How did the thrust lever get stuck? It's not connected to anything, did something break in the throttle quadrant and wedge itself in the mechanism?

Latest resources

Back