ASA 70 Seat Cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjcap

Just found out where all this 70 seat cost bullsht is coming from. Brian Labrq, the liar, has created a 70 seat operating number that includes the 103 instructors that are paid based on the 70 seat rate. These instructors are paid due to their seniority whether or not they actually instruct on this aircraft. This training cost is normally included in the training department which is a management function and not a line/revenue operation.

Basically, mgmt is operating two sets of books. The accurate set excludes from line operations the training costs incurred by the training dept.

The bogus set has been generated to show an inflated 70 seat cost due too the 103 or so Instructor pilots that are paid 70 seat rates even though they are not part of line operations. They are part of mgmt/training department expenses which are not part of the revenue generation of the company.

Considering we have 30 or so 70 seaters on line operations, an additional 103 Captains added to the expense significantly skews the operating cost of the 70 seat aircraft. If you would correctly remove these 103 instructors from the line operations expenses you would have a dramatically lower line operation cost on the 700.

Shame on you Brian. You need to be fired immediately.

rjcap said:
Just found out where all this 70 seat cost bullsht is coming from. Brian Labrq, the liar, has created a 70 seat operating number that includes the 103 instructors that are paid based on the 70 seat rate. These instructors are paid due to their seniority whether or not they actually instruct on this aircraft. This training cost is normally included in the training department which is a management function and not a line/revenue operation.

Basically, mgmt is operating two sets of books. The accurate set excludes from line operations the training costs incurred by the training dept.

The bogus set has been generated to show an inflated 70 seat cost due too the 103 or so Instructor pilots that are paid 70 seat rates even though they are not part of line operations. They are part of mgmt/training department expenses which are not part of the revenue generation of the company.

Considering we have 30 or so 70 seaters on line operations, an additional 103 Captains added to the expense significantly skews the operating cost of the 70 seat aircraft. If you would correctly remove these 103 instructors from the line operations expenses you would have a dramatically lower line operation cost on the 700.

Shame on you Brian. You need to be fired immediately.

Oh this is classic. I hope that this turns out to be true. Profits, cooked numbers and oh yeah, we need an 8% cut. That all makes perfect sense to me.

wouldn't surprise me. Brian LaBarbeque reminds me of a sleazy used car salesman. Gotta watch out for him, he'll slip right through your fingers......I'll never understand what jerry and his boys were thinking when they made him head honcho over at ASA...

Is anyone suprised that Brian Lapuke is a LIAR! I'm not, he is a peice of SHIOOTT! 8% pay cut my arse! Been on reserve for four years and still livin the dream!

701EV

Last edited:
Pilot pay v. CASM: FWIW, $10-$15/hr pilot pay differential is relatively insignificant to the overall CASM of a 70 seat jet when compared to all the other factors in an airlines' operation which contribute significantly more.

FDJ2 said:
Pilot pay v. CASM: FWIW, $10-$15/hr pilot pay differential is relatively insignificant to the overall CASM of a 70 seat jet when compared to all the other factors in an airlines' operation which contribute significantly more.

If only we all knew this...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back