Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PILOT2674

Any truth to this or is it just another rumer???? why would ASA lower their mins so much when lots of pilots are trying to get on with them???
Thanks for the input...

My good friend is in the Sim section of flight training at ASA. His partner is a graduate of the Delta Connection Academy with a TT of 300 hours. So I'm guessing that this person could also be a graduate of the DCA program also.

I talked to a friend of mine today who had recurrent training today at ASA and was talking to someone in the training department. They said that they havent yet lowered the mins but they might in the future. As of now it's still 1200 TT and 200 ME with 135 or 121 experience preferred.

I don't think it's just a rumor. Either way, they're getting needy for warm bodies.

Last edited:
The folks in hiring refused to hire a buddy of mine who is furloughed from NWA and has two types (one in the E-120) because he did not have recency of experience. That argument is sound if you are hiring at 1200/100. BUT, when you lower to 600 or 300, recency of experience for a guy like my buddy is a frickin' joke!

Maybe they just don't want to hire furloughed mainline guys... Especially from OTHER mainline carriers. Whaddya think, he'll stick around when NWA comes a-callin'?

I doubt "recency of experience" had anything to do with it.

Hiring from what I understand has just increased to 48 a month, as far as ASA has never made sense, go work some where else and if you already do then why worry about it , I am sure that we will not hear any low time guys complaining, and as far as somebody with lots of experience, maybe they just do not interview well. The mins. maybe lower but our standards are still high!

HAZ-MAT said:
My good friend is in the Sim section of flight training at ASA. His partner is a graduate of the Delta Connection Academy with a TT of 300 hours. So I'm guessing that this person could also be a graduate of the DCA program also.

I find this one hard to believe given that the Delta Academy requires you to work there as an instructor before being able to recieve a Delta Academy sponsered interview. Have you seen the logbook or the resume?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back