• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 50 seaters going to SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who are running it into the ground and the lorenzo's in St George are currently moving aircraft to their carrier. This dive is living on borrowed time. Reality will set in once our pilots see a few of our old 700's parked in Atlanta with Skywest colors. Being replaced one airplane at a time is a great feeling isn't it?
I guess now YOU know how Comair pilots felt a couple of years ago....you're free to leave at ANY time....bye.

I have a question about these 705's (I think that's what their called). I understand Skywest couldn't operate 90 seat aircraft due to Delta's Scope clause, so they had to make a 90 seat aircraft and put 75 seats in it. Did Skywest get these aircraft anticipating that one day they could put 15 more seats in them? Does Skywest and it's pilots want in on 90 seat aircraft? Does it look like Delta scope will change?

I'm sitting in SLC, looking out the window at a 705. Which is a 90 configured for DAL scope 76 seats.

No, you're looking at a CR9 with 70 seats in it. There are 10 First Class and 60 Coach seats. Get your facts straight.

I have a question about these 705's (I think that's what their called). I understand Skywest couldn't operate 90 seat aircraft due to Delta's Scope clause, so they had to make a 90 seat aircraft and put 75 seats in it. Did Skywest get these aircraft anticipating that one day they could put 15 more seats in them? Does Skywest and it's pilots want in on 90 seat aircraft? Does it look like Delta scope will change?

I think the Delta 900's have 70 seats in them as of right now, which includes a first and coach. After the first of the year they can put 76 seats on them. From what I hear they are pretty roomy in coach with only 70 seats on a 90 seat airplane. Im not sure about what makes a 705 different from the 900's as far as I know they are both 900 airframes with just a different seating configuration, but Im sure there is more to it.

I guess now YOU know how Comair pilots felt a couple of years ago....you're free to leave at ANY time....bye.

YOU are such a TOOL!! Auburn called, they are missing their local idiot!! Go Back HOME....WILL YA!!:cartman:

I think the Delta 900's have 70 seats in them as of right now, which includes a first and coach. After the first of the year they can put 76 seats on them. From what I hear they are pretty roomy in coach with only 70 seats on a 90 seat airplane. Im not sure about what makes a 705 different from the 900's as far as I know they are both 900 airframes with just a different seating configuration, but Im sure there is more to it.
Semantics perhaps, but at the root it’s about certification.
A 705 will never allow more than 75 occupants (plus crew). It is certified as a CL-600-2D15 with its own type certificate.
The 900 is a CL-600-2D24 can have a maximum of 90 occupants (plus crew) by type certificate.
When a pilot group is serious about scope protection they can apparently go so far as affecting the aircraft certification as in the case of Air Canada pilots and their regional Air Canada Jazz.
Link to faa "Type Certiface Data Sheet info for CRJ's
See page 18 for 705 maximum occupants, and page 20 for 900 maximum occupants

A 900 has the ability to go up to 90 seats (this is what SkyWest has) A 705 is certified only up to 75 seats. Once again SkyWest has 900's not 705's!!

Latest resources

Back