• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12 additional recalls announced for FEB/MAR 2011, for a total of 36.

New bid out 25OCT10.

Rumors of additional aircraft for 2012.

I know this is great news for 12 furloughees, but for those of us at the bottom, it is another huge letdown. I sit back and watch all of the other airlines do reasonable sized recalls to get their folks back, but Alaska is being so stingy about it.

I hear you Z, truly I do. It it my understanding that their current training staff can only handle 6 at a time.

They cut too far, and now can't change direction fast enough to capitalize on the changing environment.

The October bid will not be the last one....

I know this is great news for 12 furloughees, but for those of us at the bottom, it is another huge letdown. I sit back and watch all of the other airlines do reasonable sized recalls to get their folks back, but Alaska is being so stingy about it.

I wouldn't get too down yet Z. As the last poster stated they can currently only do 6 at a time. I think there is a reason you are seeing them post openings for instructors and check airmen.

I know this is great news for 12 furloughs, but for those of us at the bottom, it is another huge letdown. I sit back and watch all of the other airlines do reasonable sized recalls to get their folks back, but Alaska is being so stingy about it.

I know what you mean. You do have to look at how ALK is operated. They don't announce 20 new routes at once...one at a time. They don't buy 50 737's in a bunch, 3-4 per announcement. This is just how the company is run. Slow, steady steps. We are moving in the right direction. I know for a fact that when the decision was made to go to Hawaii, the company had 12 routes that they were going to fly. Not one or two to test the market. It was studied and they knew what they were getting into. It was released over a two year period. Even if the decision was made on high to recall all pilots, it will be released just like this. Par for the course. Hang in there!

Last edited:
I know what you mean. You do have to look at how ALK is operated. They don't announce 20 new routes at once...one at a time. They don't buy 50 737's in a bunch, 3-4 per announcement. This is just how the company is run. Slow, steady steps. We are moving in the right direction. I know for a fact that when the decision was made to go to Hawaii, the company had 12 routes that they were going to fly. Not one or two to test the market. It was studied and they knew what they were getting into. It was released over a two year period. Even if the decision was made on high to recall all pilots, it will be released just like this. Par for the course. Hang in there!

I appreciate everyone's encouragement.

However, I must respond to Green's comment. Yes, you are correct, thats how they do business when growing, however, they had no problem letting 40 of us go at a time.

I feel your pain...I got the letter as well. The guys that are going back will do everything we can to expedite your return.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back