• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that Horizon has been swept under the rug, how long until the unlimited 90-100 seat sub-contracting begins.....can almost see the glowing story in the daily rag about further growth for ALK and the glee club will squeal with excitement over further right-sizing while Alaska continues its retreat from the west coast and the threat of being over-staffed again rears its head ...Think long and hard with open eyes and an open mind before accepting part time full time employment back at the zoo...of course the 78%'s will babble on about how it cant happen, but then they got a lifetime membership in the glee club for their yes vote......

If the jet says Alaska on it. Alaska pilots fly it! Jet Blue flys 100 seats mainline so can
Alaska.

Alaska Airlines has scope but not Alaska Air Group. Horizon will keep it's name. Nothing in the cba can stop the Air Group from bringing on a third operation. Less than 10% realize this today.

I thought the MEC/negotiating group's answer to the scope concern was that Mngt 'promised' not to violate scope. Anyone else remember what was said? That with the non-defined reserve language is why and others voted no for the contract.

Baja.

I thought the MEC/negotiating group's answer to the scope concern was that Mngt 'promised' not to violate scope. Anyone else remember what was said? That with the non-defined reserve language is why and others voted no for the contract.

Baja.

I think it was "We promise that 'scope' violations won't affect senior pilots."

Which, of course, was met with "Sounds great to us."

Now that Horizon has been swept under the rug, how long until the unlimited 90-100 seat sub-contracting begins.....can almost see the glowing story in the daily rag about further growth for ALK and the glee club will squeal with excitement over further right-sizing while Alaska continues its retreat from the west coast and the threat of being over-staffed again rears its head ...Think long and hard with open eyes and an open mind before accepting part time full time employment back at the zoo...of course the 78%'s will babble on about how it cant happen, but then they got a lifetime membership in the glee club for their yes vote......

That's really too bad-if anyone had a chance to get the big jet/small jet thing right it was probably Alaska and Horizon.

If the jet says Alaska on it. Alaska pilots fly it! Jet Blue flys 100 seats mainline so can
Alaska.

Saying it's so don't make it so....give me a contract reference that states this and I'll buy you a keg of beer.

Saying it's so don't make it so....give me a contract reference that states this and I'll buy you a keg of beer.

But AAG promised and crossed their hearts, swear to die, stick a needle in their eye! They wouldn't break that oath, would they?

Latest resources

Back