AS Recalls 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

From MEC: "We are pleased to share with you that management informed us that yesterday they mailed recall letters to 12 of our furloughed pilots with a recall date of May 1. Additionally, one pilot on voluntary furlough has elected to return, bringing to 13 the total number of pilots who will rejoin on the line in a little more than a month."

Should have been at least 75.

2000 More block hours 2010 over 2009, with 46 furloughs AFTER the summer schedule that was razor thin. 2000hrs /80 hr lines is 25 pilots, and 15% reserves is approx 29 pilots worth of flying. Add that to the 46 that were let go in October. Going to be fun times this summer. Lots of premium time available. Put ME in THAT BRIAR PATCH!!! :rolleyes:

These aren't made up numbers either. These are directly from crew planning's formula. But at least they're doing 12.

Welcome back boys and girls!

Mookie

So what are my chances? One in a hundred? One in a thousand?

More like one in a million.

So you're sayin' there's a chance!

...or something like that.:laugh:

So what are my chances? One in a hundred? One in a thousand?

More like one in a million.

So you're sayin' there's a chance!

...or something like that.:laugh:

No Chance....The corpulent over 60 crowd will continue to gorge on the carrion of the furloughed brothers and sisters...Any rotting flesh left by them will fought over by the greedy little maggotts that populate the right seat.....premium time they call it and they all voted for it in the train wreck called a contract that you were not allowed to participate on....that would be the contract that will assure that many of you will never see a recall notice.....so many new ways to be greedy while helping the tin men stumble to the next Luau..........

Speaking of lack of crews, there are no reserves for Seattle this morning. With all the reserves taking there moving days for ANC displacement and training, there are multiple premiums trips available. This will definitely be an interesting summer. Let's hope we can bring back more guys !

Speaking of lack of crews, there are no reserves for Seattle this morning. With all the reserves taking there moving days for ANC displacement and training, there are multiple premiums trips available. This will definitely be an interesting summer. Let's hope we can bring back more guys !

I just talked to scheduling this morning because they have me on reserve in LAX for 7 days straight and I called about my day 7 off. They said they are short reserves and don't want to assign a day7 until they know they can spare me. Are 12 going to be enough for the summer?

I just talked to scheduling this morning because they have me on reserve in LAX for 7 days straight and I called about my day 7 off. They said they are short reserves and don't want to assign a day7 until they know they can spare me. Are 12 going to be enough for the summer?

That is standard AS/BS. I had 8 in a row and they would not move any. When you get back from a trip on day 4, they just tack on a few more hours to your required break. This will be your day off. If floats to wherever they want it.

0 reserves left in Seattle today. At least 2 cancellations due to "pilot crew" and BG is flying a premium trip from the right seat today.
-this is all before the 2000 hr increase in hours this summer w 46 pilots less than last summer. Sweet planning....

Mookie

Latest resources

Back