AS New Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mea25000

We are getting new uniforms this spring. Black, double breasted, gold bars, and shirts with wings and name tags. I sure hope the hats are not coming back. Even more then that I hope I am not going to be required to pay for these new duds. And that Alaska is still the name of the company I am working for! When I took the survey this is not what I told them I wanted.

We are getting new uniforms this spring. Black, double breasted, gold bars, and shirts with wings and name tags. I sure hope the hats are not coming back. Even more then that I hope I am not going to be required to pay for these new duds. And that Alaska is still the name of the company I am working for! When I took the survey this is not what I told them I wanted.

Sounds like a familiar uniform..........maybe I'll be going to Sitka soon! Ah Yeah BOOOOYYYYYY!

Bye Bye--General Lee

"One Ping only...":D

Mookie

Shirts with wings and name tags sounds like a real PIA. What sort of backwards thinking was that?

Now I am completely sure you will be merging with Delta soon.

The Alaska/Delta merger is in the works. So how's this SLI going to work, again?

If it does happen at all, I bet the AK guys wish they would have done it before our NWA merger, rather than after. (or with NWA before the DL/NWA merger). Inserting pilots into the mix will have a greater ratio now obviously than before. Also, you have to look at career expectations, and the largest plane they have is a 739, which will be grouped into the 737 group most likely (not the 757/767 group). Put their top Captain in the top of the average 738 Captain seniority range (4000 from top maybe?), and then go down from there. If they have 1500 pilots (??), and we have 12,300 now (so 8300 to play with from the top 4000), then go downward at 1 for 5. I am sure it would be arbitrated if it happened, but that sounds about right. I would love to see Sitka.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back