• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS New Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had lunch the other day with a friends dad who is a A319 instructor. It's coming. SLI will be tough. Most guys over here do not want to give up the left coast flying.

VP FLT OPS... Where did he come from... oh yeah that explains why he like this uniform. I don't think it means we are merging with Delta. He just wants us to look more professional is what he said.

mea,

Did you here this from GB personally? I haven't seen any info on this or any other major change. Although I don't deny the possibility of a merger, obvious FI flame baiters aside, I don't believe anything in this industry until I see it. We have heard rumors of mergers with one company or another for the last 20 years and it hasn't happened. There is no question that DAL or CAL would love to merge with AS. They might actually turn a decent profit if they did.

Given the current economic and political climate, and the fact that DAL is "The Worlds Largest Airline" which brings up anti-trust issues, I don't see it happening. Now as far as the double-breasted submarine outfit, we might as well go all the way and bring back the white hat...think Pan Am, circa 1963. That would truly complete the ensemble.

CP

Given the current economic and political climate, and the fact that DAL is "The Worlds Largest Airline" which brings up anti-trust issues, I don't see it happening.

DAL and AS have almost no route overlay. If the two managements decide to dance then it will happen.

So far no one in a position to buy or merge with AS except SWA, can match their cost structure. The immediate cost increase post merger could make currently competitive AS routes uncompetitive. Think AA-AirCal and Reno. I don't think we'll see a merger unless something changes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back