• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Furlough Mitigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear 47 total....We'll see in the morn. Mamma, Sorry that the Co, ALPA, MEC, & fellow pilots let you down! I'll continue to fight the fight for you!

Baja.

Last edited:
Coming from the wife of an Alaska pilot who is barely hanging on to a job.....I am just floored at how selfish so many people at this airline are. I get it that there were reasons for voting down this MOU. The people who voted based on what they read and had valid reasons for it, great. It's the a..holes that saw no more VSA, etc, etc, and didn't read anything past that. I think it is a bunch of ******************** that there are so many pilots out there picking up trips to build their lines up. It's a bunch of crap that these people who shouldn't even still be flying are doing VSA trips. Way to screw the younger guys. Oh wait, I forgot, it's the price you pay as an airline pilot and we should just deal with it. Screw you!! I am really sorry for those pilots that are on the street or about to be put on the street. It's so sad to me that this doesn't even have to happen. Suck it up and drop your lines down to 75 for a few months and see what happens. Yes, it would be hard to lose a little bit of money---I know that. Try losing your entire paycheck for the next....well who knows for how long. Again, i'm not pist off about the fact that this didn't pass, i'm pist off because there never should have been an MOU because there never should have been any furloughs to begin with. Oh, and yes, money is tight for us, but we do donate to the furloughed pilot fund every month. Do you? Thanks for letting me vent. The wife of an Alaska pilot who is wondering what our future holds.

Coming from the wife of an Alaska pilot who is barely hanging on to a job.....I am just floored at how selfish so many people at this airline are. I get it that there were reasons for voting down this MOU. The people who voted based on what they read and had valid reasons for it, great. It's the a..holes that saw no more VSA, etc, etc, and didn't read anything past that. I think it is a bunch of ******************** that there are so many pilots out there picking up trips to build their lines up. It's a bunch of crap that these people who shouldn't even still be flying are doing VSA trips. Way to screw the younger guys. Oh wait, I forgot, it's the price you pay as an airline pilot and we should just deal with it. Screw you!! I am really sorry for those pilots that are on the street or about to be put on the street. It's so sad to me that this doesn't even have to happen. Suck it up and drop your lines down to 75 for a few months and see what happens. Yes, it would be hard to lose a little bit of money---I know that. Try losing your entire paycheck for the next....well who knows for how long. Again, i'm not pist off about the fact that this didn't pass, i'm pist off because there never should have been an MOU because there never should have been any furloughs to begin with. Oh, and yes, money is tight for us, but we do donate to the furloughed pilot fund every month. Do you? Thanks for letting me vent. The wife of an Alaska pilot who is wondering what our future holds.

I agree. My negative endorsement of the CBA last spring was based solely on the fact that we did not get furlough protection and strong scope. (There is no guarentee we would have an agreement as of today, but IMO those to items are work striking for) FACT: We are in a mid-term negotiation and who knows what angle they will try next. Contract 2009 is a failure in that it allows the company to use furlough, E-190's, and other items to collect mid-term concessions. This was ALA ALPA's first negotiated contract in 30 yrs and there is a learning curve... WE HAVE TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME.

Assuming 47 is the magic number... heard it from the same source as BAJA, I will remain a bottom dweller but ready for round 3. As I always have, I will fight for every pilot who has a name on the Alaska Airlines senority list to make them whole. We are 1 pilot group... not 1400 pilots.

I'm so glad this thing didn't pass! We really showed management this time. Plus, now I can manipulate my schedule just a little bit better, and build my line up a little bit to pay for my Super Cub, Cabin, and snow machines, etc., etc. I really do think it is bad that management wants to furlough so many guys, but there is really nothing I could have done about that.......

Jeeesh...

My sympathies to the FAMILIES that have to deal with this SELFISHNESS. I'm sorry.

Disgusting

Last edited:
Looks like the NEW bid post date is now the 10th. Must have just changed it since it said the 7th up until about a hour ago. What BS!!

Looks like the NEW bid post date is now the 10th. Must have just changed it since it said the 7th up until about a hour ago. What BS!!

Are you sure you didn't read the original bid post date...and not the results date...the date still says 08/07/09.

Latest resources

Back