• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

As Fa Ta, Ok?

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Gotta get those contracts signed so you can sell AS to DL!

CesnaCaptn

Total Time
Gotta get those contracts signed so you can sell AS to DL!

Why would DL care if AS had a signed contract? Is it so that AS doesn't 't have an open contract if/when AS is bought? I just assumed AS would adopt the DL PWA if merged. Bye bye retro if AS is bought before signing a new contract.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
You think we're getting retro pay? What color is the sky in your world?

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
And the subject was: Does a TA for the flight attendants mean that the company is really willing to negotiate?

And go!

Chief Pilot

Total Time
>0
As I understand it, the company came to the FA's and asked if they could extend their current contract a couple of years for a modest pay increase. The FA union probably figures that since they have a good deal going now, why risk a drawn out negotiation for a few dollars.

It still has to go to a vote.

Whether or not the company is willing to negotiate with us is yet to be seen. We'll see if BT can put his money where his mouth is.

And YES I expect retro pay.

Last edited:

Going2Baja

Total Time
10k+
There is no way that the fa's are going to sign a 1% raise and an increase in their med. Everyone of them I talk to say that Angle Lake can shove it....Same for our contract without some changes to the reserve policy's.

Baja.

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Same for our contract without some changes to the reserve policy's. Baja.

Yeah, did the union address the reserve callouts? Seems like that's the last thing unions get to. "Why would we expend negotiating capital on something that you'll only be on for a few months?"

Ditch R to A changes and ditch zone swaps.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Ditch R to A changes...

Good luck getting the Company to agree to that. Its those unlimited R to A conversions that let them send the VSA guys out and protect their reserve pool.

And you know who you can blame for that...US. It was our MEC that came up with the whole VSA program, sold it to the pilots as the "senior pilot's pay raise" and neglected to bulletproof the language.

Oops.

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Good luck getting the Company to agree to that. Its those unlimited R to A conversions that let them send the VSA guys out and protect their reserve pool.

And you know who you can blame for that...US. It was our MEC that came up with the whole VSA program, sold it to the pilots as the "senior pilot's pay raise" and neglected to bulletproof the language.

Oops.

Shocking. Like a dead battery.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
I know. Truth sucks, doesn't it?

Going2Baja

Total Time
10k+
Yeah, did the union address the reserve callouts? Seems like that's the last thing unions get to. "Why would we expend negotiating capital on something that you'll only be on for a few months?"

Ditch R to A changes and ditch zone swaps.

Few months eh? Tell that to the 14 year sen. Capt's in SEA. I've seen the light for a year and now back on RES.

I told mt Rep I'll vote NO on ANY TA without Res protection regardless of pay rate. QOL id WAY more important to me than $$.

Wish us all luck!

Baja.

BTW - IC - I know you were kidding. I've had a R to A every day this month. Big shocker eh?

Last edited:

CGHercster

Total Time
ImbracableCrunk wrote: Does a TA mean that the company is really going to deal with us now the GS is out? Or were they that much closer than us?

Maybe the company is just trying to avoid serious negotiations with the pilots and fas at the same time. Give them a little something to keep 'em happy for a few more years, then drag us along for as long as the mediator will allow.