• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

As/aai sli

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GS never told a lie. He never exaggerated. He never thought highly of himself. He was always a credible source. HE IS NOTHING MORE THAN THE SEA-PSP DRUNK. Thank god it was BT that advanced. JJR is right. Non-Union J/S are a distraction in the cockpit. ALPA policy has always been to request a Union card. - END of Story. DAL is buying us. AirTran has nothing ALK and it's shareholder's want.

Last edited:
JJR your and idiot ALK is not buying or merging with AAI... GS doesn't have a clue what is going on at ALK anymore but I can only imagine He likes to pretend for his ego sake.

You shouldn't call someone an idiot if you misspell two of the first three words in your post. Here, I'll help you. It's "you're an idiot".

Ok guys, just for fun...

Now that the AS pilot contract is in place let's imagine there is a merger/acquisition. Both pilot groups are ALPA, so the ALPA merger/fragmentation policy applies. The highlights? No windfalls, no DoH and preserve jobs. How would you merge the lists?

Here's my suggestion. AS has 1455 pilots, 60 on furlough. AAI has 1663.
AAI began flying 10/26/1993. AAI's junior Captain (July 2004) is significantly junior to our junior Captain (December 1998).

Of course, the starting point is no bump, no flush. Whatever bid position you hold prior to SLI date, you continue to hold. However, AFTER SLI date, all vacancies would be filled from the merged system seniority list.

The list starts with all AS Captains hired prior to 10/26/1993. That accounts for 427 AS pilots. Any AS/AAI pilots on furlough at SLI date would go to the bottom of the list (sorted by original date of hire) since they do not hold a current bid postion.

That leaves 968 AS and 1663 AAI pilots. Since that ratio is about 1:1.7 the remaining pilots should be ratioed together using 2 AAI pilots for each AS pilot.

No base/equipment fences.

Let the games begin!

10/26/93 is an arbitrary date that gives senior AS pilots a windfall at the expense of AAI pilots. Hypothetically, AS pilot #427, who would be bidding approximately 30% (+/- depending on base) at AS, could bid #1 in ATL. That looks like a windfall to me.

Direct ratio top to bottom with any furloughs at the bottom - seems easy to me.

Good luck with that whole DAL thing... ;)

If it happens, it seriously would be FANTASTIC. Flying SE Alaska in the Summer, and Cabo/Cancun in the Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK OK you are right I am a moron... And yes no one should call anyone an idiot that's just not nice... Yes my spelling leaves something to be desired but I read that post and it just pissed me off. Here is some 1990 hire 380 something on the seniority at ALK wanting a merger policy that puts him in at 380 on a 4000 seniority list... As long as I get a bunch more seniority screw everyone else. Screw the senior AAI pilots screw the senior ALK FO's just make me more senior! This guy is a piece of work... I will just leave it at that. Secretly I am hoping Virgin America puts us out of business and these I will take mine and screw everybody else types get what's coming to them. The whole thing is a joke anyways we are not merging with aai but I sincerely hope you guys get a great new contract soon!

If it happens, it seriously would be FANTASTIC. Flying SE Alaska in the Summer, and Cabo/Cancun in the Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far a Cancun I just talked to one of the crew planers today and she said 96 hour layovers there starting next month!! Then she said only for the Flight Attendants sorry.

Latest resources

Back