ARW TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Group,

I guess my next question would be directed towards the SkyWest pilots. I understand MGMT already imposed a concessionary package...which is not surprising, since there are no union safeguards. Our MEC is meeting tomorrow to discuss the nuances of the ARW TA. It is becoming clear, at least to me, that any pilot action at ACA and ARW would occur after each company's bids are submitted to Bain. This is a positive development as it increases leverage to the negotiating committees. I presume that there will be some tweaking involved after the fact. FYI, each of the seven companies has received 10-day extensions from Bain.

I give our team credit...they are exercising their due diligence on this matter. The way I see it, we should avoid a knee jerk TA (no offense meant to ARW...as they may be in a different financial state) as ACA is still profitable & has over $200M in unleveraged cash on hand. But I’m sure we will see something within the next couple of weeks.

Blueridgeflyer

As for the 70 seat CRJ...we have no provision for those. Obviously, MGMT is playing this card in the negotiation, but the aforementioned backlog at Bombardier makes this vaporware. Frankly, I am in no mood to entertain thoughts of neutering our contract for the sake of 20 additional seats.

Blueridgeflyer

Blueridge,

The only concessions have been no pay for newhires while in training, however the top 3 execs all did take a pay cut. We have heard that pay cuts are coming in the form of a pay proposal for the same pay to fly the 50 & 90 seat RJ's. Whether or not that will pass is beyond me.

BTW I sense that you feel that we are a not that great because we don't have any "union safegaurds" hmm.............I can see those safegaurds have worked well for MESA & all the other union carriers who have furloughed. While I think our SAPA is a joke I fail to see how a union would help us as much as a threat of a union does.

SkyWest has yet to furlough 1 pilot in their 30 year history.

Jeepman,

Not at all sir! You guys are a 1st rate operation all the way. Not knowing the intricate details of SAPA, I am guessing that you have some form of limited control over compensation? Please educate us on how this works. IMHO, ALPA national needs to step in on the UEX matter on behalf of ACA & ARW. I would like to see a well orchestrated public relation campaign launched.

Blueridgeflyer

The TA is a POS. I've read it and it will cost me over 800 a month by august 2005. The 7% and 9% paycuts are for this past years rates. All the step increases in our current contract are gone. Just take the previous rates, cut them 7% and add 1.5% each year to each year of serevice.

As an crj fo, it will be a 7% cut now, goes to 10% of what I would have made in august, and up from there.

Not to mention weakening of work rules (back to 16 hour duty days, rigs changed), paying twice what we are now for insurance, cut in retirement, cut in per diem, cut in vacation pay, 8 year duration. No chance to get back what we gave up when things change. NO FREAKIN WAY!

I cannot believe our MEC signed off on this one. Perhaps it had something to do with the haste in which management forced them to come up with something, I don't know. I am willing to bet my job that our management will renegoiate when we vote no on this.

RR

Whiskey drivers--
So what are you guys hearing on the line? It seemed like this board was full of mesa guys talking trash about their TA and then it passed by 70+%. I know at pdt everyone was pissed but we agreed to concessions by a wide margin (scared of being replaced by Mesa). Do you think this will pass? It seems like we (pilots) have lost so many battles lately it would be great if we could win one...

On a side note I just learned that Tilton is using his expense account to cover his $18,000/PER MONTH condo! I guess all the hard work that he has put into UAL's recovery plan warrants such excess.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back