ARW TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My appologies for the double posting...not sure why that happend:rolleyes:

All of this is deeply troublesome, but my biggest issue is with the 1.5% annual raise (obviously coupled with the annual bump). All things being equal, an individual would not stay at pace with the nominal increase in inflation. This is financial suicide....& I suspect your pilot group will not sign off on the idea.

Blueridgeflyer

Nothing is for sure. Again, WE HAVEN"T SEE THE TA YET. I have to make this point as some of our guys are already crying without reading A THING. So I don't know what the bump of 1.5% is. Plus longevity? or just plus a currnet book? Don't know. Will know soon.

S.

Will the TA go to membership vote? I heard that the ARW MEC may use MEC Ratification. Hope this is not the case.

The MEC can't vote for us. (I have to get my copy of the by-laws out, but I'm positive.) The MEC can approve the TA to be sent to the pilot group for a vote, but they cannot implement work rules on us without our say. I THINK this was different at ACA, didn't the MEC vote in the contract with out a general pilot vote?

S.

Yes, it is correct that ACA has MEC ratification. However, the leadership has indicated that they seek membership ratification on a concessionary package. They did the same last year for the charter LOA....which they obviously endorsed & we rejected.

Blueridgeflyer

Blueridger,

Just got home from ORD and DEN. I had an opportunity to speak with several of our pilots and most feel as I do about this TA, 8ys a no can do. That would mean 10yrs under this contract and most of us are unwilling to do that. I am all for helping out the company with a SLIGHT reduction in pay, the operative word here being SLIGHT this due the b itch for hire airline (mesa) but there are several issues in this TA that would have to be changed to get my and many of our brothers and sisters on the property to vote it in.

WD.

Whiskey Dude, and BlueRidger,

do you guys have separate pay rates for 70-90 seats in your contract already, or are they currently under negotiation? For AirWisc....do those rates fall under the BAC pay scale??? Also...thanks to the great AirWisc crew that gave me a ride the other day...true professionals!!!

mookie:eek:

Mookie,

In this TA that is being proposed there is a seperate scale for the 70 seat RJ however, we have none and there has been no talk outside of rumors about getting them and even if we did there is a four yr back log on the a/c so for all intensive purposes in my opinion it was nothing more than a ploy to help get this TA passed.

Glad to see that we took good care of you on your trip but really that's no suprise because AWAC and it's pilot group are truly professionals.

WD.

Mookie,
The 70 seat rate is actually our current 50 seat rate. They gave back the 7% cut for 70 seat drivers. As it was explained, the rate was so that the other ALPA regional carriers that are in negotiations would have a basis for negotiation in their current talks.

Beechnut said:
This seems to be a point that I must be missing. I've heard the argument before "WE are not losing money, United is!" Well, the way I see it, we are only making money because our biggest customer, UAL, is still paying us. Our biggest customer has just filed CH11 because it CANNOT pay us (along with others). We must lower our cost so that our biggest customer, again: UAL, can return to profitability so that we can continue to be profitable.
S.

Thank you for your observations. Here's the next dumb question.

Do you actually believe that if AWAC pilots decided to fly for free, it would have any real and material impact on the survival of United Airlines or its ability to recover from bankruptcy?

In case you do, on what basis did you arrive at that conclusion?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back