• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARW TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We over at ACA are very curious as to whether or not AWAC's pilot group ratifies this TA. IMHO, I don’t think that modest pilot concessions will matter in the affirmation of the UEX agreements.

Soon, we will be presented with a similar package from our MEC. Without knowing the details of the Bain [UAL’s consulting group] 'cost plus' bidding process, it is very difficult to say what the ultimate outcome of a subsequent vote would be. The current sentiment is not garnering much support....and stands very little chance of passing. It is my understanding that the ACO & ARW MEC's are working together regarding this very difficult situation.

Best of luck to all the guys at Wisconsin....we feel your pain & support you.

Blueridgeflyer

I haven't been to any road shows yet but from what I can gather, it's an 8yr deal (which is crazy). I guess the company wanted 14 yrs. Pay is cut 7% on the CRJ & 9% on the BAE 146 with a 1.5% increase every year (whoopee). Our Negociating Committee unanomoulsy approved this TA but the vibe I'm getting from the other pilots is quite opposite.
Thanks MESA.

That's a significant package. Does it include any provisions for returning to the current agreement should UAL immerge from Chap 11?

Blueridgeflyer

CRJ Driver said:
It wont pass, go away.

That is what they said about our current contract in 2001.

Everyone is focused on the pay cut based on tiny bits of info that have gotten out and not on the whole TA. There are few changes overall and doom and gloom is abound though incomplete information.

Yes there is a pay cut and a MINIMUM of 1.5% increase a year but other factors go along with this 1.5% and current rates will be back in a few years.

The Company wanted to go in there cutting and slicing away at everything and the NC stopped that. It could have been far worse. Just wait and see what the full TA is in a day or so and attend the roadshows and get the REAL facts about everything before you decide.

Here's a dumb question. Why did you need to make concessions to pilot contract at all? Is the Company losing money or is this just a fear tactic that management has invent because of UAL?

How much money would this really save and how is that going to "save" Air Wisconsin?

That's a significant package. Does it include any provisions for returning to the current agreement should UAL immerge from Chap 11?

Blueridgeflyer

Is the Company losing money or is this just a fear tactic that management has invent because of UAL?

This seems to be a point that I must be missing. I've heard the argument before "WE are not losing money, United is!" Well, the way I see it, we are only making money because our biggest customer, UAL, is still paying us. Our biggest customer has just filed CH11 because it CANNOT pay us (along with others). We must lower our cost so that our biggest customer, again: UAL, can return to profitability so that we can continue to be profitable.

Good question Blueridegeflyer. Don't know the answer as we haven't seen it. I can't imagine how it would due to the fact the entire structure of UAL has been changed so that their costs will continue to be lower than pre CH11.

I'm holding my breath until I can read it and go to a roadshow.

Good luck ACA and SkyWest! F--- Mesa!

S.

Latest resources

Back