• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article on NetJets negotiations in AIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its a good article and explains many of our collective frustrations. Sadly it was printed prior to the completion of the TA vote. I would love to have seen the numbers 82% in print.

We still have a chance.

NetJets Pilots Overwhelmingly Reject TA

Last Friday the unionized pilots at fractional provider NetJets sent a strong message to their master executive council (MEC), the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 284 and the company itself by overwhelmingly rejecting the tentative agreement reached in late August. Of the 1,762 ballots returned (out of 1,781 sent), 1,440 opposed the TA, 306 were cast to ratify the agreement and 16 were voided. The pilots' contract became amendable in October 2001 and active contract negotiations have been under way for about the past year-and-a-half. Not surprisingly, the most controversial part of the TA was pay scales, though there were plenty of other issues as well. Additionally, a planned October 28 MEC election was voided due to secret-ballot envelopes not being mailed to members, causing further angst within the NetJets pilot ranks. A union official said a 'third party will be commissioned to conduct an MEC election in the near future." Strong Union, a group of NetJets pilots running as a slate in the MEC elections, led the opposition to the TA and is currently conducting a petition drive to break away from Local 284 and form their own IBT chapter. For more background information on this situation, see http://www.ainonline.com/issues/11_...dcotractp4.html.

HAHAA. This is a shot across the bow of the Fat trucker in charger of 284 and Woodbridge.

Yeah all the chicks dig me. Especially when I screw up the votes for the MEC election.

How's the XL treating you? All my buddies are gone from the U boat.

from flightops.com:

11/5/2004

Sources told FLTops.com today that 82 percent of NetJets pilots have rejected the company’s recent contract offer. The International Brotherhood of Teamsters has also rejected the local union’s move to build a new master executive council to replace the officers whose terms expired on Oct. 31, 2004. IBT says the MEC vote was invalidated due to irregularities at the local. Members of the local are reportedly under investigation by the IBT International, as well as the FBI. No local members are involved in the controversy.

IBT officials are expected to hold new MEC elections soon so the negotiating team can return to the bargaining table.

Latest resources

Back