Arrogant/cocky first officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YoYoJet

Any Captains besides me having experienced big mouth-cocky-low time first officers who think they are God's gift in the cockpit? If you have then how did you handle them?

Arrogant/cocky Captains

Any First Officers besides me having experienced big mouth-cocky-high time Captains who think they are God's gift in the cockpit? If you have then how did you handle them?

It goes both ways pal.....

--03M

Flame Bait..........Ignore.

Besides, if you have to ask this question, what the f*ck are you doing being Captain?

Re: Arrogant/cocky Captains

N9103M said:
Any First Officers besides me having experienced big mouth-cocky-high time Captains who think they are God's gift in the cockpit? If you have then how did you handle them?

It goes both ways pal.....

--03M

ROTFLMAO Good reply. :D :D

Yeah, you probably could have re-phrased that and said pilots instead of FO's. What kind of stuff are they doing?

First of all, don't take it personally. Its inexperience. I make gentle suggestions, but I don't fly the airplane for them. Without allowing them to violate a reg or get you violated, let them go. Soon enough they get themselves into a situation, and then you say, "I've got the airplane," then you explain why you made the suggestions in the first place. For all but the biggest jerks, that will show them that you saw the situation developing way before they ever had a clue.

You have to know your own ability and the capabilities of the airplane. Most guys don't require these extreme measures, but they really work with the real cocky jerks.

Taking the airplane

I can honestly say I have never had an airplane taken from me since private. So, I find it very hard to believe that Capt.s have to take the airplane from an FO at an airline. That amazes me. How did they get through training. Plz give examples of what these guys are doing. Who the he11 is hiring these people?

Well, by looking at how many times you have posted on this site it's obvious you have nothing better to do. I just asked a simple question to fellow captains. Sorry that you spend your precious time off from your ego boosting airline job responding to a honest question like angry little boys.

To clarify: My response above is directed at the first two boys who responded to my first initial posting.

And it's not about taking the airplane away from anyone but comments they make.

Latest resources

Back