• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Arrested - No Chance of a Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
on a somewhat related note. lets say you got a speeding ticket or two and you know a lawyer who took them to court and got them thrown out. technically you were found not guilty of those speeding tickets. so should you reveal them on an interview that you got them when asked?

You should be able to get a copy of your National Driving Records. contact your local DMV and inquire. This is what the HR dept will see - so you can easily be prepared to know what is and isnt listed on your record.

You should be able to get a copy of your National Driving Records. contact your local DMV and inquire. This is what the HR dept will see - so you can easily be prepared to know what is and isnt listed on your record.

This is true, but don't forget that they can find out what was on your driving record when you were first hired at a prior airline, even if it's dropped out of the system since then.

-Blucher

NYCPilot

I would disclose everything. If you can legally say no to it ion an application then say no but bring it up during the interview, "I answered the application truthfully but there is something I want you to know" Even an arrest with no convictions can and will cause some problems especially if it's on your background check. Don't assume that the company will see an arrest but no conviction and leave it at that. Better to explain during the interview and go to ground school with a clear head rather than thinking "I hope I passed my background check."

Plus if you fly into Canada, customs and immigration have access to your background even beyond 10yrs and they seem to be getting stricker.

Basically, if you had a good interviewed and take the "I made a mistake when I was young but I have learned from it and have never done it again", you should be fine.

This is true, but don't forget that they can find out what was on your driving record when you were first hired at a prior airline, even if it's dropped out of the system since then.

-Blucher

How would they find that? If I'm not mistaken, PRIA doesn't cover that. There really isn't a way for them to get your entire employee file.

Depend on where your interviewing! Probably being interviewed by a bunch of felons anyway! Be honest your not applying to the Mormon church!

I arrested myself once, does that count?

Note: many applications are now requesting information like "have you EVER been..." and emphasize that failure to disclose, regardless of timeframe, will result in termination.

Read your fine print.

Crashpad, wtf is a "FAA Approved" application? PRIA requirements are a matter of law, not regulation--hence the name Pilot Record's Improvement ACT.

Of course you should be honest, but if it was more than 10 yrs and you were also under 18 years old, it gets a little silly to even mention it.

Just run a FBI background check on yourself. If the Feds can't find it, do you really think an airline will??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back