Arkansas Jobs?

BrokeAssPilot

It's All Good!!!
Total Time
4000+
Anyone have any leads on Central Arkansas Jobs, or any in the state for that matter? please pm me if you have any leads

ultrarunner

Total Time
Hmmm, I think Walmart has a plane or two in the NW part of the state. Grab your lunch box, head up there and check 'em out.

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
lots of jobs in LIT. If you don't know anybody, forget it though. very tough to get in.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
Didn't a bunch of LIT jobs go away recently with the closure of Alltel's department?

holdmybeer

Total Time
4500+
Let me know if you find anything. Arkansas has always been a tough place to find good flying jobs for me. I am tired of airline BS and would love to get out. But unfortunately looks like I'll be lucky to just keep a job for the next few years.

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
Didn't a bunch of LIT jobs go away recently with the closure of Alltel's department?

As well as Axciom, and a few others in LIT have sold planes and laid off pilots. Not an easy nut to crack.....trust me

cjdriver

We have an ag pilot come up from Arkansas every summer to spray. He tell's me they lose 3-4 ag pilots a year down there. Might be some openings, though I wouldn't recommend it.

cheyflyer

It wasn't me!!
Total Time
Hmmm, I think Walmart has a plane or two in the NW part of the state. Grab your lunch box, head up there and check 'em out.
I think there is also a charter operator called Pinnicle or something like that in the same area. Tyson chicken is also around W-NW AR but probably a tough to break into.

Dillards used to be based in LIT but havent heard anything about them in years.... not sure if they are still there or what their flt dept is doing.

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
I Dillards used to be based in LIT but havent heard anything about them in years.... not sure if they are still there or what their flt dept is doing.
They sold their G450 in the last year. Still operating the G-V and lear 45's

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
Dillards - As long as I've known I've heard you DON'T want to work there. I knew a guy that got hired, went to 2 weeks of training, and came right back and worked 13 days in a row starting the day he got back without a day off. He hated it......worked 6 days a week dawn to dusk, almost no time off. Bad deal.

Tyson Foods - Not hiring right now, GREAT job. One of those jobs where someone has to die or retire before they have to hire. If you don't know somebody in the department, forget it......no chance in the world. They have a stack of resumes to the ceiling of people that want to work there.

fisherpilot

Total Time
~5000
Dillards - As long as I've known I've heard you DON'T want to work there. I knew a guy that got hired, went to 2 weeks of training, and came right back and worked 13 days in a row starting the day he got back without a day off. He hated it......worked 6 days a week dawn to dusk, almost no time off. Bad deal.
QUOTE]

you do work your tail off... But hardly any overnights. In my opinion any flight department has a red flag associated with it when there is a lot of turnover.