Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARGH!!!! Stuck in a #&$*#&*# Hotel!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone actually likes the Legacy? Wow, I really hated that airplane.

Who cares? I don't need them any way otherwise they wouldn't have burned--no wait, NAPALMED. ;) If you burn a bridge let it light your path.

Live and learn...live and learn...

Shoulda' learned my lesson about coming back to this nonsense with muckraking anonymous lunatics casting stones from behind cover. Oye. :) Nice to see you have something productive to do, Diesel...

I am going to thown a log on the fire here and say I have been spending some time studying the future Legacy 450 and 500. The folks at Embrear are really on to something with this new series of corporate aircraft. Fly by wire, side stick. larger than a Hawker, etc. They will be producing a pretty slick product in the future. As far as the Legacy 600....

Someone actually likes the Legacy? Wow, I really hated that airplane.

You probably didn't even fly one.

If you actually did for any period of time, well... You are that 5% of the bell curve with an agenda. You can't please everyone.

Hell, people actually think Falcons are decent airplanes. *GAG*

Legacy is a great jet. As the previous poster noted, Embraer has it wired together.

I just landed with a bunch of guys from the UAE (thanks for the tip guys--huge!). I had so many damned bags I was ready to strap them under the wings. Gawd bless the EMB cuz nothing this side of a 737/170/A320 woulda' carried all that stuff.

Hate it all you want. No airplane is perfect. I like it. I can only think of one EMB pilot that I know who didn't like it--and he's a noob to the EMB and a CRJ lover. ;) (Give him time... He's making 3x in the EMB what he made in the CRJ... He will soon turn to the dark side. MUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!)

:nuts:

Have a great weekend folks. :D

(BTW, though we may not agree on planes, I have to say I *LOVE* that avatar. I think everyone here agrees with me on that point. I hate to think the generation gap has struck me as I have no idea who she is. LOL!)

Last edited:
I flew the Legacy for four months out of Dubai. I was flying the ERJ 145 for Eagle prior to that, in my opinion the aircraft was a piece of junk, a throw away jet. It was fun to fly no doubt, but just built very cheaply. I remember when I first got to Eagle a captain told me "dont preflight it to hard or you might break it" If you like the plane good for you, but I will take the GV I am on now any day over the EMB.

Trying to educate the uneducatable gets tiresome more so than boring... People have their minds (incorrectly) made up on that score and nothing anyone says will change that...

Tiresome would be a very polite way to indicate the way most folks feel about you and your ramblings. Boring would be accurate, though.

You feel compelled to run your mouth about the Legacy constantly...and seem to think that most people care. We don't.

As for being the best aircraft in the world...it's not much of a cargo hauler. It's not really a rough field airplane. You won't see it delivering payloads from the air, nor hauling two hundred passengers for ten hour legs.

It's okay for what it does...which is just a sliver of what the industry does...it's hardly the best, or even suitable for MOST aviation roles. So...glad you like it for the little bit that it does...it hardly takes the place of anything else. It's just an airplane, nothing more.

Enjoy your boredom. Certainly the rest of us will.

You feel compelled to run your mouth about the Legacy constantly...and seem to think that most people care.

If you guys feel *compelled* to bring up the subject don't be surprised if I respond. I didn't mention it, you did.

That said, this is a DISCUSSION board. Seems to me that the purpose is to discuss aviation and have a good time with that. If discussions aren't a person's "thing" then perhaps they should leave the board.

We don't.

You got a frog in your pocket or something?

It's okay for what it does...which is just a sliver of what the industry does...it's hardly the best, or even suitable for MOST aviation roles.

Name me an airplane that is...

The point of an airplane is to be good at what it is designed for. The ERJ and Legacy do an outstanding job for what they were made to do. They aren't C-130s, F-22s, or 787s, nor a combination of it. But they're reliable, easy to fly, durable, economical, and in the case of the Legacy in particular the people who pay to ride 'em love 'em.

150+ and counting...

It's just an airplane, nothing more.

And a damned good one at that.

Last edited:
I flew the Legacy for four months out of Dubai. I was flying the ERJ 145 for Eagle prior to that, in my opinion the aircraft was a piece of junk, a throw away jet. It was fun to fly no doubt, but just built very cheaply. I remember when I first got to Eagle a captain told me "dont preflight it to hard or you might break it" If you like the plane good for you, but I will take the GV I am on now any day over the EMB.

Built very cheaply? You gotta' be kidding me. That airplane may be many things but cheap isn't one of 'em.

You wanna' see cheap? Go look at the vaunted 50EX. Panels falling off the window frames in the cockpit, crappy headrests, interior pieces that didn't line up, cheap plastic flashlight holders right behind your head so you can gash yourself when you sit in that tiny cockpit, DV window handles that break every third time someone closes 'em... I could go on for days.

All I heard was how great Falcons are and how I would love 'em. They're hopelessly overrated.

EMBs are hefty airplanes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. All ya' gotta do is look at the gear, the DV window/handle/assembly, or the main door to tell that the airplane is built like a truck. It has to be for what it is designed to do. If it weren't a tough airplane it wouldn't handle what the Regionals do to 'em. An airliner by definition has to be tough.

Do EMBs have drawbacks and shortcomings? ABSOLUTELY. All airplanes do.

As for the GV, hey, glad you found your ride. All I have heard is how great Gulfstreams are (same song I heard with the Falcon). I'd be shocked if they weren't a disappointment as well.

Just sayin'...

Last edited:
I can not speak for the Falcon as I have never flown one. I am guessing that what you are posting here is flame bait as almost any EMB driver will agree on one thing and that is that it is a cheap aircraft, that is why EMB can make them so cheaply because it not made as well as other airplanes.

I honestly dont care about what airplane I am flying, give me a big enough paycheck and I will fly around a 172. Right now the GV is my favorite ride because it gives me the biggest paycheck I have ever had in aviation.

And the Gulfstream is far from a dissappointment, if I were buying an airplane and the price were equal I would take the GV any day of the week, as would 99 percent of the owners. The Legacy is selling somewhat well because it is a large aircraft that cost a third of what the GV costs.

Again if you like it good for you, but dont forget you are just the guy flying it, I would be willing to bet you that if your company got rid of their Legacy and siad that they were buying a 900EX you would be happy flying that as well.

Oh man I think that I was just hooked by his flame bait!

Latest resources

Back