Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARGH!!!! Stuck in a #&$*#&*# Hotel!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can not speak for the Falcon as I have never flown one. I am guessing that what you are posting here is flame bait as almost any EMB driver will agree on one thing and that is that it is a cheap aircraft, that is why EMB can make them so cheaply because it not made as well as other airplanes.

Not flame bait. And let's be honest, most EMB drivers haven't flown anything else. When I first started flying the ERJ a few people grumbled that it was cheap... But those people didn't really have a lot to base that on. Not knowing any better I also thought perhaps it was a cheap airplane. Experience and perspective have changed my mind dramatically.

Folks I fly with on the Legacy have run the gamut. Many have flown everything (Cessna, Falcon, Gulfstream, Boeing) or close to it. They all sing the praises of the Embraer and give it deserved credit.

I honestly dont care about what airplane I am flying, give me a big enough paycheck and I will fly around a 172. Right now the GV is my favorite ride because it gives me the biggest paycheck I have ever had in aviation.

And the Gulfstream is far from a dissappointment, if I were buying an airplane and the price were equal I would take the GV any day of the week, as would 99 percent of the owners. The Legacy is selling somewhat well because it is a large aircraft that cost a third of what the GV costs.

Again if you like it good for you, but dont forget you are just the guy flying it, I would be willing to bet you that if your company got rid of their Legacy and siad that they were buying a 900EX you would be happy flying that as well.

NO MORE FALCONS EVER. Gawd forbid I have to fly a 50 or a 900...

I used to think pay would offset equipment, but after wedging into a 50EX for two plus years I have rethought that. Money is nice but it isn't everything.

Oh man I think that I was just hooked by his flame bait!

No you weren't.

You actually simply showed the rabble rousers how to craft a mature/adult response.

Well if it was not flame bait then good for you I am glad that you like your aircraft so much.

Have you ever flown a Gulfstream? If not I think that you will find a plane that you like better. I do have about 2800 hours in the EMB 145, and 250 in the Legacy so I do have some experience. Again the airplane was fun and easy to fly, but I did not have a lot of confidence that a severe turbulance encounter would leave the airframe undamaged, I have never flown an airplane with a stiffer wing than the EMB.

Last edited:
And I'm glad you like your paycheck! ;)
Dont get me wrong I love flying the Gulfstream, but I was making a point that for the right money I would fly anything that I felt was safe.

Dont get me wrong I love flying the Gulfstream, but I was making a point that for the right money I would fly anything that I felt was safe.

Amen brother. I hear ya.

I feel the EMB is very safe. Per your comment above: I've talked to the test pilots and listened to the things they did to it when they were certifying the thing. You won't have to ever worry about busting a wing off in severe turbulence, that's for sure. It is a tough machine. If a mid-air collision doesn't take the wing off I'm not sure what will.

Last edited:
Buy Call Of Duty 4 and play online.....you'll never leave the computer.

www.ehowa.com

Get drunk and post something on craigslist.

Shave your balls.

Get drunk and call your ex.

local war/history/maritime museums.

Carrizzo Springs...i used to hunt there..nothing.

If your in nuevo laredo you can head to PapaGayos..(sp)..great inventory of hot latinas...cheap.

Net Flix

Clean your pistol.

That should keep you busy foe awhile.

That said, this is a DISCUSSION board. Seems to me that the purpose is to discuss aviation and have a good time with that. If discussions aren't a person's "thing" then perhaps they should leave the board.

With you it's never a matter of discussion. You're more like a windup toy...the kind where one pulls the string and a pre-recorded message comes out. The little blue plastic pointer spins around, and lo and behold! It always points to a little cartoon picture of a Legacy...and there's you..."I like the Legacy." "Legacy, it's the greatest!" "There's nothing better than the legacy!" "If you love God, fly the legacy, because it's His airplane!" Yada, yada, yada.

Leave the board if I don't like to hear you prattle on about the legacy? I've been here a LOT longer than you...discussion is fine...but with you discussion is really more of a one-trick pony. A quick review of your posts shows that much.

With you it's never a matter of discussion.

Yeah, that's true, because all you know how to say is, "The Legacy sucks." Hard to discuss things with people like that.

Leave the board if I don't like to hear you prattle on about the legacy? I've been here a LOT longer than you...discussion is fine...but with you discussion is really more of a one-trick pony. A quick review of your posts shows that much.

Once again, YOU brought the plane up, not me.

If you bait a hook and the fish bites don't yell at the fish.

If you don't bring the jet up I won't talk about it. Simple as that. All I wanted to discuss in this thread is what people do when they're bored, that's it.

Sheesh. As the Scots say, "Give it a bye."

Last edited:
If you bait a hook and the fish bites don't yell at the fish.

Relax, brightspark. This is catch and release. You keep biting, you'll keep getting thrown back. I don't blame the fish for being dumb enough to stick the hook in it's tongue every time any more than I blame you for doing the same thing, or continually rising up to defend a worthless airplane.

Relax, brightspark. This is catch and release. You keep biting, you'll keep getting thrown back. I don't blame the fish for being dumb enough to stick the hook in it's tongue every time any more than I blame you for doing the same thing, or continually rising up to defend a worthless airplane.

I didn't get stuck with a hook, I just ate the bait and burped.

Worthless huh? That's why they're selling them for $25M apiece.

Oh, that's right. Hyperbole. Silly me.

I don't mind defending it, just don't accuse me of being the one who brought it up first.

Now if you've had your fun why don't you go "bug" someone else's thread, or would you prefer to keep going back and forth like a third grader?

Latest resources

Back