Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you guys tired of this yet? Time for National list?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if someone with 25 years under their belt shows up to wire a building, should he get payed more then a guy with 5 years of experience?
What if the guy with 25 years of service under their belt never worked with aluminum wiring, and that's what the building required? Does the building wait to get wired until the more senior guy goes to school on aluminum wiring? But the 5 year guy is already qualified? Who pays for the training? I think this would be a mess...

Even if the huge complication of solving a nation list came to fruition, it would be a hard sell to airline management telling them exactly who they had to hire. This should have been done when the industry de-regulated. Not 30+ years later.

What if the guy with 25 years of service under their belt never worked with aluminum wiring, and that's what the building required? Does the building wait to get wired until the more senior guy goes to school on aluminum wiring? But the 5 year guy is already qualified? Who pays for the training? I think this would be a mess...

bad analogy- especially at your place.
Gen X has been way better at FMS and glass than BB's- yet they've been senior... and we get to scratch our head while they struggle- and the company foots the bill.

(little flame there... but true flame so i give myself permission)

Gen X has been way better at FMS and glass than BB's- yet they've been senior... and we get to scratch our head while they struggle- and the company foots the bill.

permission approved!

Where do I begin? Let's see...many GenXers don't know their 3rd grade multiplication tables because of an over reliance on calculators since elementary school. Average test scores in math (closest subject related to piloting in general education) have steadily decreased, especially during the time of GenXers basic education. The engineers actually thought a moving map display on a CRT would make it more difficult to interpret present position than forming a mental image using a VOR(TAC) needle and DME...yeah right....--Pushing a button that flies direct to a point vs. actually using geometry and the esoteric, obscure concept of proportionality to interpret a direct course with VOR/DME. You GenXers are merely end-users of FM systems that were conceived and developed long before you were on the aviation scene. And it is common knowledge that a pilot's skill and seasoning is directly proportional to his typing speed. Yeah, you GenXers and your nimble fingers are real geniuses...eventually they'll have 3 control buttons on all airplanes for you guys: 1-"takeoff" 2-"fly to destination" 3-"land"

Last edited:
Nope. wrong again. maybe Gen Y is that way. But not us.
GenX are the best flyers b/c we learned to fly on needles and pointers and no autopilots- we still have that ingrained= but have no trouble at all w/ the computer side. I enjoy all flying and don't get hung up on how the info is presented to me.
Maybe you can say the same. But you'd be an exception- i've seen you guys struggle--- over and over and over... all while voting to disenfranchise my generation and believe that you are actually better.
News: You're not. That's been proven to me over and over.
I couldn't imagine i'd have such disdain for the generation that came before me- but you guys earn it w/ every vote you cast- in your MEC and in general elections. Look at the career and country you've left us before you start to lecture me on anything.

Nope. wrong again. maybe Gen Y is that way. But not us.
GenX are the best flyers b/c we learned to fly on needles and pointers and no autopilots- we still have that ingrained= but have no trouble at all w/ the computer side.

Humility is also a GenX strong suit, evidently...

;) given... but you know- you want me humble and maybe you should ask every instructor and pilot i fly w/ to stop telling me how good i am. ha!

...(jesus...sorry)

But maybe too much humility has been our downfall.
We trusted BB's not to sell us out.
That's proven to be pretty naive.

(IF this indictment resonates as unfair to you personally-- ask what you did to keep scope in the box? Ask what you've done to flatten out wages and rid us of 1st year pay? Ask what you did to lessen the impact of age 65?)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back