• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you a cocky pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says this job is easy?! We have all those buttons to test and those switches to flip, "GENERATORS....ON", oh, wait, that was on the -200. J/K!

This job is easy ONLY when everything goes PERFECTLY (how often does that happen?).

Seriously, though, it may be "EASY" for some, but there is no need to act condescending to a fellow co-worker if they do not meet your standard. Professionalism does not end once you are out of the public eye.

On your brief: What exactly do you mean by acceleration altitude? Is that our altitude when the gate XXXXX XXX XXXX?

Time works differently on the flight deck side of the door. It is not controlled by the laws of space and physics. Instead it moves at the speed determined by the crew.

An on time departure is when I'm ready to release the brake.

The push for D 0 is a threat to safety.

Manuals are black and white documents meant more and more to cover every facet of a color world. Ain't gonna happen. I do my best to follow the SOP but our noggins are the best safety device in the aircraft - but only if we use them.

Best advice. Shut your mouth, and dress/present yourself like you care about your profession. The less attention you draw the better.

Latest resources

Back