Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERAU Layoffs

http://www.n-jcenter.com/2002/Apr/6/BIZ01.htm

There was a big meeting on Friday I guess this was covered. I knew it was only a matter of time. I don't know why, but they kept hiring through October and maybe even into November. At least the guys near the bottom got some experience they could put on their resume.

Last edited:
ERAU layoffs

That sucks. Could they be transferred to Prescott? Though I'd bet it's slow there, too.

The pilot factory I'm instructing at has been swamped with students for the past 4-5 months. We've had several classes of 15-20 students starting the program since November. We've also hired approximately 10-15 instructors during that time period but have stopped hiring for the meantime.

The FBO's around town (Phoenix) are still slow, but are definetly picking up business.

AZ

Thanks for the input from everyone. Hey AZ, I really appreciate the info on the Phoenix area, I've really starting to miss it out there and would love to move back. I bet you're up at Deer Valley, I will probably try to find work in that area. Do you have any news about the new Sawyer operation at Scottsdale? I flew out of the old one at Sky Harbor for awhile. Does anyone know how things are looking in the Minneapolis area? I grew up there and would move back there if there was a decent job market. Thanks again

HU-16

A little slow here too, enrollment wise. I think it's always slower in spring and summer though. People in school are used to enrolling in the fall.

Flight safety enrollment is way down...instructors have to fight to the death in "the pit" for students. Oh the humanity....Seriously though my instructor, or ex-instructor (just finished single engine ad today, yay!), has had a real problem getting students, latest private class was only 7 students compared to the 25 that were in my class in september. May just be seasonal, but peeps at flight safety are hurtin'

HU-16

Unfortunately I don't have much info on the new Sawyer operation in Scottsdale, but I know they've been there for about 2-3 months.

You should definetly look into getting back to Phoenix and instructing here. Competition is high here, but there are a few CFI jobs around if you look hard enough for them. I've seen a few job posts for Tucson as well in the past few months.

Good luck!

Even in a good year March/April is the worst. Hopfully things will look up in the summer.

HU-16 - Things are real tight in Arizona, atleast in the Phoenix area. I'd have a backup plan if you come out here in case you can't get a CFI job.

Latest resources

Back