• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apply with 350tt 50multi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are they still doing all the sims in CVG? I had heard rumors (well, from a friend who's on IOE right now) that they were shipping guys out because there wasn't enough time open for all the new hires.

-Goose

All the new hires are doing the sims at CVG. They're shipping the upgrades up to Montreal to do the upgrade training at the Bombardier facility. Plan on staying here at CVG for your initial training.

All the new hires are doing the sims at CVG. They're shipping the upgrades up to Montreal to do the upgrade training at the Bombardier facility. Plan on staying here at CVG for your initial training.

Gotcha. So you really think they'd be cool with me wanting to wait for a class date? The soonest I could take one would be like May 14th.

-Goose

I'd get your stuff in now. They're pretty quick about calling you right away after applying and then plan on interviewing about 2 weeks later. When it's all said and done, the soonest you would be able to start would be within a month of applying, so right now that would be almost the beginning of May anyways. They're very understanding of people that have obligations and might need to wait a couple of weeks for a class date so you should be fine. Right now they are hiring 60 people a month for the rest of the year with a 15 person class beginning every week.

I'd get your stuff in now. They're pretty quick about calling you right away after applying and then plan on interviewing about 2 weeks later. When it's all said and done, the soonest you would be able to start would be within a month of applying, so right now that would be almost the beginning of May anyways. They're very understanding of people that have obligations and might need to wait a couple of weeks for a class date so you should be fine. Right now they are hiring 60 people a month for the rest of the year with a 15 person class beginning every week.

Thanks man, I appreciate the input. I'll apply soon. Are you in training there or are you done?

-Goose

I'm going into my 3rd week of training. I should be starting my IOE by beginning of May.

Sweet. How was were the sims during the first week? I guess you guys learned flows and stuff? My friend says that they weren't anything to sweat but I'd love to get a second opinion.

-Goose

The sims were simple. The instructor walked us through everything. It was mostly a chance to get our feet wet and see what the airplane is like. We didn't do a whole lot of flows, but we did learn how to use the autopilot and the FMS as well as do some approaches and learn how to land the plane in the sim.

Have fun at Comair the taining is good, i hope the place gets back on its feet soon.

Great Lakes still hiring with wet-ink commercial multi, IF you have a recommendation...

Had a couple friends get on at Air Whiskey with around 550 TT, but a ton of turbine multi, FWIW.

Air Midwest is robbing my alma mater of all the flight instructors that fax their resume in, no need for a connection or a live interview.

If you get into these regionals at such low time how are you supposed to upgrade if you dont have much PIC time? just curious....

Latest resources

Back