Apply with 350tt 50multi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

Hey guys, what are the chances of getting called for an interview with a regional with those times? I am Instrument current and have a first class medical. Does anyone have any first hand experiences interviewing with very low hours?

Apply and see, applying never hurts and I heard a rumor of a guy in class at a particular airline with a total of 14hrs of multi. I didn't hear what his/her total time was but 14 multi is nuts I tell ya.

Hi!

I'd say your chancese of getting hired at multiple regionals is 99.9%.

Go for it!

cliff
ZLO

Go PDT just to get your time up to 500 if you need to. Did you grad from a 4 year school? We need ppl so I'm sure the mins listed on the site aren't accurate and competitive is prob less than req'd.

Boy! This is not like it was when I started this junk just 6 years ago. I had to instruct for 3 years before I could get a call for anywhere. I just sat on furlough for 8 months with hardly a peep for the first 7. I guess they were afraid of me jumping ship early having more than the 500 TT guy.

From the sounds of it 500 TT is almost a sure thing to get a job at a hand full of airlines now. 350 ish is still kinda low. You could always try Lakes or something they used to hire at 250 hours.

It's only going to get worse. The majority of the international airlines are hiring with those times. Granted, most of those are cadet pilots, but that's still low times to get into the right seat of a jumbo. I talked with an Alteon instructor for Air France the other day. He just finished training a 300 hour FO for Air France on the 777.

Point being, apply, you never know. Long gone are the days of 3 years in the C150 and C172 just trying to get to a 1900 job.

Great Lakes, Colgan, Big Sky, Mesa, Pinnacle, Commutair, Piedmont, Mesaba, Express Jet, Skyway and Trans States. All these regionals have lowered their mins and you are certainly in the ball park with anny other candiate. Skywest, Republic, and Horizon you will need closer to 800 or so. Granted if that airline is taking apps. Anyone that tells you you cant get in with a certain time if just pissed becuase when they got in it was 1500 and 300 probally. Alot is who helps you out. If you know someone or are someone special exceptions are always made. Mesa takes them at 250, granted they are from a "Special" program, but its not all that. Throw apps out everywhere. And of course some jakass will reply and tear this all apart. Just mail them out.

Hey I appreciate the kind responses guys. I will fill out the airlineapps app and send it out to all the regionals listed above. I used to work at Ford in a stamping plant just months ago. I took a buyout package they offered and now I am unemployed. I got my private back in 97 and just got all the rest of my ratings a year ago. Anyway, thanks again for all the replies. I am really looking forward to starting this process!

Latest resources

Back