• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apply with 350tt 50multi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you this much: there are definitely airlines that would hire you with your time. I can also tell you that there were people in my new hire class at Trans States with as little as 300TT and about 20ME. They will hire people with very low time. As for Expressjet (my current employer) they will not take people with less than 600TT and 100ME. Period. You may hear otherwise, but I was just speaking to my friend who works in the HR (the guy who calls/emails with interview invitations) department last night about this. So... you could say that its about as reliable info as one can get. XJT interns are the only exception. They only need 500TT and 100ME. From what I hear, Pinnacle and ASA are also hiring low timers as well, although I cannot offer firsthand knowledge of these companies. Hope that helps! Good Luck!

Hey guys, what are the chances of getting called for an interview with a regional with those times? I am Instrument current and have a first class medical. Does anyone have any first hand experiences interviewing with very low hours?

Apply at every regional out there! Update often, and try to get some frasca 142 sim time! Take advantage of the fact that the regionals are hiring low time pilots now!!! Good luck!!!:beer:

Express Jet dosen't seem to hire people with 1800 TT and 1000 Multi either. I applied there three months ago, and I know people there and not even a peep. Thats okay though because like everybody else has said, pretty much everyone else is hiring and just require a semblance of a pulse.

Noone at Air France is put in the 777 with 300 hours, the starting aircraft is the A319 320 in which they do put guys with that kind of time.

they stay a minimum of 6 years as FO on the small bus then they can choose to move as FO on the wide body.

just wanted to clarify.

i didnt get a call back from coex either with way over their mins

Anybody know if applying with hours below the posted mins requires being part of a bridge program from a larger flight school? Or do you have to know somebody at the airline? And... if you aren't from a larger school and you don't know anybody... will your app. get tossed if you don't have the absolute minimums?

I know Skywest is very strict about only taking on guys with the posted minimums, and because of this (in part) I will likely be one of the first from my flight school to not go there.

Express Jet dosen't seem to hire people with 1800 TT and 1000 Multi either. I applied there three months ago, and I know people there and not even a peep. Thats okay though because like everybody else has said, pretty much everyone else is hiring and just require a semblance of a pulse.

I heard from just a few people that they don't like it if you have a second job while you're building your time. Anyone else heard that?

Latest resources

Back