Apologising to ASA passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReportCanoa said:
Try finding a comment card on an ASA airplane. I'll guarantee it's not a coincidence.

Now that's funny, I was about to say the same thing. I remember all the Sky mags already had the comment cards torn out.

There's really no need to apologize, just sit there counting up the over block. The pax don't want to hear your drivel anyway. You don't have to stand in the door and greet them as they leave--who needs that kind of abuse for things totally out of your control.

The only times I went to great pains to explain things in a PA was with mechanical problems, or ground stop/EDCT issues. Simple ASA fuk ups aren't worth your breath.

As we used to say in the Brasilia, waiting on the ramp for an eternity in a practically un-airconditioned aircraft--"sweaty faces, goin' places."

- here is a briefing provided by the Kayaking site we booked this weekend:

The Ocoee Region is served primarily by three commercial airports - two hubs Atlanta (Delta) and Nashville (American) plus the Chattanooga Regional Airport. Chattanooga is the closest but airfares can be quite a bit higher and connecting flights out of Atlanta undependable. Express Shuttle operates regular van service between both hubs and Chattanooga. You can reach Express Shuttle at (800)896-9928.

Last edited:
Working for comair I have to agree with the previous posts. Coming in and out of JFK and ATL several times in the last few days I've had to make the same PA's. We don't even bring liquor cab.'s in / out of ATL. My guess is that the company knows how much we will lose in "comps" if we have them onboard. great customer service
Also, i witnessed first hand today what you guys have been saying about doing the rampies work. I saw 2 separate ASA CA's carrying ice and drinks out to their airplanes because the ramp crews were taking so long. Don't get on my spelling...i know i can't spell.

ReportCanoa said:
Try finding a comment card on an ASA airplane. I'll guarantee it's not a coincidence.

I wish ALPA would make a bunch of copies and give them to crews.

A response from MyASA

"Just some background on the ramp staffing; historically the ATL ramp was staffed to handle 50% simultaneous activity, that is we would staff one team for every two parking positions. Clearly our operation has outgrown that model. We are in the process of hiring 200+ employees to get us 100% coverage on the ramp. Our timeline calls for the additional staff to be fully in place by the mid to late September timeframe. We should start seeing some near term improvement as we have a class of 65 starting on Monday"

We'll see what happens..

See the thing is this, straight from the mouth of the devil himself, whom I saw in the G.O. LeBiotch admitted that it was only for a 50% load that they staffed the ramp and that they pay overtime as necessary. Of which I replied, "I bet if ASA were buyin the gas, there would not be a wait." No response.

IFLYASA said:
A response from MyASA

"Just some background on the ramp staffing; historically the ATL ramp was staffed to handle 50% simultaneous activity, that is we would staff one team for every two parking positions. Clearly our operation has outgrown that model. We are in the process of hiring 200+ employees to get us 100% coverage on the ramp. Our timeline calls for the additional staff to be fully in place by the mid to late September timeframe. We should start seeing some near term improvement as we have a class of 65 starting on Monday"

We'll see what happens..

We were told by a ramper down at PFN that ASA is asking for volunteers to TDY to ATL to work the ramp. According to what he said, the ramp is short in ATL because AirTran offered $500 signing bonuses to rampers who went over to them. Anyone else hear anything about that?

IFLYASA said:
A response from MyASA

We'll see what happens..

60 will fail the drug test by friday. Bouyyyyyyyyyyy...

shamrock said:
We were told by a ramper down at PFN that ASA is asking for volunteers to TDY to ATL to work the ramp. According to what he said, the ramp is short in ATL because AirTran offered $500 signing bonuses to rampers who went over to them. Anyone else hear anything about that?

$500.00 buys a whole lotta weed. Gone by friday... Bouyyyyyyyy...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back