• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

apologies if this has been posted...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank the Lord we didn't have kids. If they would have turned out like her or her family I would have slit my wrists.

That is some hilarious stuff!!!

Originally posted by Crizz
Thank the Lord we didn't have kids. If they would have turned out like her or her family I would have slit my wrists.

Nice article in the Seattle Times by Nicole Brodeur yesterday: Fact is, Wedding dress guy's eBay pitch has some fiction

Fiction like:

he was married twice...

he has a son...

he was charged with domestic-violence assault in the fourth degree, and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence (he ripped all the phones out so his wife couldn't call the cops)...

he has no sister...

I thought it was funny at first, but can you imagine what his son thinks?

TonyC said:

he was charged with domestic-violence assault in the fourth degree, and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence (he ripped all the phones out so his wife couldn't call the cops)...
[/QUOTE]

There's more to this:

According to the police report, Star and his wife had an argument. He said she was "stressed out." She threw something at him. He gathered up all the phones to keep her from calling the police (hence, the interfering charge).

When he turned to leave, she threw his guitar at him, breaking it. He pushed her. She fell and scraped her face.

----

So she threw two things at him first, and he's the only one that gets charged? While it wasn't right for him to push her in response, it wasn't right that she got physical first and escaped any legal charges. This country is so f*ked up sometimes...

Man, I hope the bug got this as a forwarded link. I can't rectify the image of the tough as nails fire fighter trolling eBay for wedding dresses.

Say it ain't so, avbug.

AeroBoy [/i][quote][i]Originally posted by TonyC[/i] [b] That is some hilarious stuff!!! [/b][/quote] [/QUOTE] I didn't say that said:
So she threw two things at him first, and he's the only one that gets charged? While it wasn't right for him to push her in response, it wasn't right that she got physical first and escaped any legal charges. This country is so f*ked up sometimes...
Of course, you're only reading the "he said" side of the story. I imagine "she" would sing a different tune. Either way, no self-respecting man hits a girl - - ever.

More of the truth:

Recall from the eBay listing...
The hit counter is starting to look like the odometer in my truck! Not the new shiny black full-size 4-wheel-drive American pick-up that I had to part with, but the somewhat older, multicolored, lumpy, tiny, 2-wheel-drive foreign pick-up that belches smoke.

She got the 1991 Ford Ranger and the 1993 Infiniti G20. He got the 2000 Ford Ranger and the 1981 Honda motorcycle.

They both got Ford Rangers - - hers was 9 years older than his.

Of course, you're only reading the "he said" side of the story. I imagine "she" would sing a different tune.
[/QUOTE]

Well, actually the information is from the police report. The only thing that the article clearly identifies as something "he said" is that "she was stressed out" The rest of the rest of the descritption may or may not have been what "he said". The article is unclear, but consider this, the writer obvously dug up the police report, which would have contained the statements from both parties. The writer is obviouly attempting to paint Starr in an unfavorable light, if the wife's statements gave a much different version of the incident, which accused Starr of much more heinous crimes, don't you think the author would have reported this? Sometimes, what is *not* said tells you more than what *is* said.

Either way, no self-respecting man hits a girl - - ever.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no argument, but he didn't hit her. He *pushed* her. there's a big difference. Consider 2 possible scenarios:

1) He turns to leave, she throws the guitar at him, he turns around, rushes her, pushes her against a wall and she falls down.

2)He turns to leave, she throws the guitar at him, then as he's picking up the broken pieces of his guitar, she comes at him scratching, kicking. He pushes her away to keep from getting his face clawed.

Big difference between he two, isn't here? Yet, both scenarios fit the few details we have been given.

I know a guy who pushed his wife. Know him quite well, also know his wife. She was a raging alcoholic, he came home one night form working overtime, she was drunk, argument ensued, continued, persisted. He went in the bedroom to go to bed, she followed, attacked him, kicking, hitting. He *pushed* her away from him, onto the bed, ferecrissakes. No injuries of any kind to her. She jumps up calls the cops. they come, he is arrested.. She sobered up and changed her tune, but it was too late the charges were filed and he got a couple of days in jail. To his credit, he stuck with her and helped her get off the bottle, and he's still with her. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have.

Now, domestic violence is a serious problem, I certainly agree with that. but somehow we have created a system of dealing with it which is grossly biased against males. It is so grossly biased, and there is such a presumption of guilt, that it has become a very powerful and easy to wield wepon for any woman who may chose to wield it. It's really simple. Call the cops, say he slapped me. Chances are he spends the night in jail at the very least. Case goes to court, even if the guy is not convicted he will always have a court record of domestic violence charges. If she's a really convincing liar, he very well may do some jail time. That's a pretty big hammer to give to women, and it's really easy to use, all it takes is a phone call and a lie. Anyone out there who thinks that women never do that is hopelessly naive

You could be right about who said what, and I agree with your observations about the propensity to hammer the guy.

As I read the article, I got the impression what the police report said ended right before the "He said" part. I assumed - - my mistake.

For what it's worth, I imagined the local Seattle reporter doing a little local investigating, and finding the guy's name on a list of police reports along with dates, titles and a brief summary. When she gets the chance to interview him, she asks him about it (not having the details) and he gives his version.

Anyway... I might have been too harsh on the guy, since he's demonstrated a clear pattern of speaking the truth. ;)

PUSHED
When I told my wife it was over, I was upstairs in the bedroom, she came at me like a tiger, knocked me down the stairs. I pushed her out of the way to get out of the front door. I'm sitting in the ER getting stitches, and the cops show up to arrest me, because I PUSHED her. She called first, so I was automatically wrong. Took the legal system 2 weeks to figure out she was a pathological liar. Oh, and of course while I'm cooling it in jail, she cleaned out the bank account, the safe deposit box, the house, and cancelled my car insurance, and left town.

Police files only tell part of the story.

geez...back to the thread, why in the hell is this all over the fricking net? what makes this so special? i understand hes now getting all sorts of public apperances and whatnot, all stemming from what, a lost cause ebay listing...am i missing something :confused:

Latest resources

Back