• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APDL Palm emulator for the Iphone/Palm Pre

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does the Pre browser interface with CrewTrac? Does it display the "View Schedule" link?

It displays the link and loads the top of the page where the NOTIFICATIONS icon is, but it stops there. What's interesting is the old Treo browser was able to display the actual schedule, although you weren't able to click it. I'm hoping the new version of CrewTrack (which so far I think just AirTran is using... we tried it and our IT guys couldn't make it work) will support more browsers.

As far as the IPhone, I can't use the keyboard. Something of note though, the Pre keyboard is slightly smaller than the Treo ones and some of the keys are moved around a bit. I keep hitting enter when I am typing a text message and sending a half completed text.

Palm Pre is the only way to go. The keyboard makes it the best option for me as well as being able to open multiple apps. As far as logbook pro I am still using my old centro until logbook pro works for my Pre or someone comes up with another program. Either way I am very very very happy with my Pre.

LogTenMobile is the best thing going for the iPhone. It's from coradine.com I still use LBP to import my schedule 'till Coradine comes up with an importer...soon, I hope.

LogTenMobile is the best thing going for the iPhone. It's from coradine.com I still use LBP to import my schedule 'till Coradine comes up with an importer...soon, I hope.
So you import your scheduled schedule from LBP to your iPhone's LogTenMobile app, or you import your flown schedule from your iPhone to LBP?

anyone use a centro?

How does it run APDL? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use one, just curious. Also, do you need the data/internet plan to use APDL if you just planning on recording times and sync'ing them to your PC logbook pro? I don't think I'd ever use the schedule inporter.

How does it run APDL? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use one, just curious. Also, do you need the data/internet plan to use APDL if you just planning on recording times and sync'ing them to your PC logbook pro? I don't think I'd ever use the schedule inporter.

Yes. No, I use a line you plug form phone to comp. Why would you not use the importer? It makes life a bunch easier.

From what i've read, APDL has no plans to even make software for the iPhone...

A lot of pilots have requested that they create an app for this but they say they aren't going to change and update.

I've used a program called "SafeLog" and it is constantly being updated and becoming more and more 121 friendly. They have a computer based program that you can back up online and then use your iPhone to log your time and then upload to the server where you can kind of sync.

For the computer program:
http://dauntless-soft.com/products/safelog/

For the iPhone application:
http://dauntless-soft.com/products/safelog/iphone/

Web-based Logbook:
http://safelogweb.com/

My Pre is junk

I gotta get rid of the POS Pre, no batt life, touch screen is not sensitive enough, you can't type without hitting the enter key, running multiple apps is great except they have few apps so never really used it. Locks up when using Flica all the time. Movie player jutters and resets, I'm done with this, back to my old treo or selll my soul to iapple.

Web OS is a whole different ball game. The classic emulator will let you run APDL but from what I understand you no longer have the ability to sync the log with Logbook Pro. Not sure if you can even import schedules either. I haven't tried it yet. My new Pre is nothing more than an expensive paperweight right now. I am waiting for a new shipment to get it replaced.
What I was going to do was pick up a cheap used palm pilot off ebay and just leave it in my flight bag just to run ADPL. That way I am not stuck to a phone that supports ADPL.

Thats what I did. I have been holding off on the pre until some of the bugs are worked out. I ended up buying a palm pilot on ebay. Barely used, its about the size of a calculator for $33 shipped. I only use it to run APDL and it will go all month on one charge. At first I didn't want two seperate devices but I like it now.

Just as an update (seeing as somebody else dredged this thread back up), you are able to load trips into the Pre (Classic App) version of APDL by running the trip through the scheduling importer and then using the USB sync. It installs in APDL the same way it always has.

To sync your flown trips with LBP you need to export your month of flying (in the classicapp menue there is an Export function) to the internal memory card of the ClassicApp (which doesn't really exsist because it's an emulator). Then plug in the USB and you will be able to copy the .prc file that you exported to your computer. If you put it in the backup folder of your old palm desktop profile and then run LBP PDA sync it will copy your trips in.

Sory of a pain, but it does work for now.

Latest resources

Back