Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is obviously to pay for all of the R&D they've been doing to update APDL.

Awesome. :)

Yeah, I've given up and just gone to doing my logbook by hand again. I got tired of waiting for APDL to come out of 2004 and into 2010 with an iPhone or Android version. It appears that NC Software is afraid of new technology since by the time they brought out LBP by itself for the iPhone, it was about 2 years late to the party. Android? Forget about it. Windows Phone 7? Doubtful. I loved APDL on my old Palm 650, but I'm not carrying that thing around just to input my leg times when I can just log into the computer and do it myself.

He's probably charging $5 a month because his revenue stream is drying up.....

I just enter my trips by hand on the first day, usually have enough time sitting around somewhere to do it.

You guys realize Neal, the "President" of NC software and the writer of LP/APDL is the "websitemaster" of Flightinfo....right?

The way I see it, the schedule importer is of such little value I will not miss it at all. The value of the schedule importer was to NC Software in that it was a benefit (a selling point) to owning logbook pro. It now is a minor convenience that will cost the user $5 / month.

It's like the hotels that offer free breakfast vs those with a 'pay' breakfast. The free breakfast is a benefit. Charging for it removes the benefit.

Members: Please do not bash or advertise links to sites that compete with our advertisers here on FI..

If you don't want to use the products of our advertisers, fine just go about your business..

This is a Major Violation of the Terms of Service and will get a member banned after only 1 warning.. and thats all I have to say about that..

Mod Clr4

Serious question:

Exactly what TOS was violated?

I don't see anything in the "Flightinfo Rules & Guidelines" that says "don't 'bash' FI sponsors", and the only link posted in this thread was to a product (previously) provided by the FI sponsor in question!

If paying customers of a FI sponsor aren't happy with the product and/or support they are receiving, isn't this - an aviation forum - a reasonable place to air those grievances in hopes they might be addressed?

Would the fact that the owner of FI and the owner of NC Software is the same person color certain moderators' objectivity on the matter?

As an example.. if you work for Delta airlines and got on the employees web site and started bashing Delta and tell everyone that Jet Blue was better this and better that..

what exactly do you think the results will be from that.. Don't bother me with such stupidity... The FI TOS and guidelines posted on each section also spell out the the authority vested in the mods and their rulings.. you might want to read those as well..

In the end, this is a members only private site.. we would appreciate you using our sponsors, but if you dont want too, then please just move on.. maybe FI is no the place for your needs.. I personally don't have a clue about the FI owners business matters, its none of my business either..

Lets not get carried away with with my rebuttels on my decesion.. it's final..

As an example.. if you work for Delta airlines and got on the employees web site and started bashing Delta and tell everyone that Jet Blue was better this and better that..

I suppose if someone was using flightinfo.com to bash flightinfo.com, that would be a valid argument.

Don't bother me with such stupidity... The FI TOS and guidelines posted on each section also spell out the the authority vested in the mods and their rulings.. you might want to read those as well..

So, it’s ok to call someone stupid, but to comment negatively on an aviation product which happens to sponsor the forum, you will get in trouble? I know if I had developed a product, I would browse sites such as this to find out what people were saying so that I could change it for the better.

People should ALWAYS be open to ideas, questions, and criticisms…especially people in positions of power and responsibility.

clr4theapch said:

So....you cannot tell me exactly what part of the TOS was violated. To my peon brain, that means TOS wasn't actually violated - you're just using your "moderator authority" to address something you don't like.

That's cool...your sandbox and all.

But please, don't threaten members with bannination for violating the website Terms of Service without being able to articulate exactly what part of the website TOS they actually violated - that's like a cop arresting you but not telling you what the charge is.

Anyone know of a *decent* logbook for PC? Hear there is a good one for mac but I'm slumming it with a PC.

MS Excel.

It will be many years before Excel goes out of style/use -- it will far outlast Longbook Pro, or any of the online sites that are popular with a lot of young pilots these days.

There are a good number of templates out there which don't require much knowledge about Excel to make work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back